Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Julian Casablancas solo album - Phrazes for the Young

Options
  • 15-07-2009 12:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭

anyone had a sneaky listen to any of this..
    kinda curious how this will turn out.

wasn't madly impressed with albert hammond jr stuff, but taught fabs work in little joy was awesome.
    definitely will check it out when i get a chance anyhow

here's the preview from his site:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,958 ✭✭✭Chad ghostal

thanks for the heads up, hadn't heard of this. Never got into the Hammond Jr. stuff either, but itching for a new Strokes album..hopefully this will go some way to satiating that :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 469 ✭✭loveissucide

I consider The Strokes pretty much finished at this point.First Impressions Of Earth was crap and they havn't played together in ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

so what does this mean for the whole new strokes album thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Davie_m

while little joy were touring in June, it was reported that fab wasnt playing with them as he was in the studio recording for the 4th album..

i would imagine this solo album is something he has been working on before they all went back to the studio last month.
    hopefully see this before end of august and new strokes album before the end of the year..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

yeah I'm skeptical about this new strokes album

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,176 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Davie_m wrote: »
    while little joy were touring in June, it was reported that fab wasnt playing with them as he was in the studio recording for the 4th album..

i would imagine this solo album is something he has been working on before they all went back to the studio last month.
    hopefully see this before end of august and new strokes album before the end of the year..

I seriously doubt that it'd be out by the years end, but maybe/hopefully early next year. And then roll on the festivals/arenas next year:D

As for this Casablancas effort, sounds decent enough, look forward to full album!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

The Strokes have had their day. But what a great day it was.

*loads up random Strokes albums in Winamp

• Registered Users Posts: 7,089 ✭✭✭mada999

thanks for the heads up, hadn't heard of this. Never got into the Hammond Jr. stuff either, but itching for a new Strokes album..hopefully this will go some way to satiating that :)

though Albert's "yours to keep" album was pretty good tbh..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,906 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Here's one of the tracks from the album - 11th Dimension.

I'm loving it.

Advertisement