Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

was is the thread "What you make of this?scam or helpful " locked

Options
  • 15-07-2009 11:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭

Why is the above thread locked? no explanation as to why either!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

At a guess, because it was going nowhere, and it was pretty obvious what the event at the hotel was.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,859 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

baza1976 wrote: »
    Why is the above thread locked? no explanation as to why either!!!!

PM the moderator and ask him/her nicely.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭baza1976

An File wrote: »
    PM the moderator and ask him/her nicely.

Hmmm seen the action of Mods recently, any PM could be an excuse to exercise their power.....

Thanks anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭Paulegend

baza1976 wrote: »
    Hmmm seen the action of Mods recently, any PM could be an excuse to exercise their power.....

Thanks anyway.

yea ive been banned twice now for stupid things like telling some1 their an idiot. some public forum eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

It's not a public forum though. It's a privately run forum(s), which allows the public to particiapate subject to each forums charter and the general boards.ie general charter.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,096 ✭✭✭--amadeus--

Mods are under a general instruction to prevent any comments / posts / discussion that could end up in the law courts.

If you have an issue with a Mods decision then there is a Helpdesk to question individual decisions, though (as suggested) PMing the Mod is usually your best bet.

And discussing Moderator actions in forum is against site wide rules (as explained here). And there is specifically no "freedom of speech" (see here)
    This is a private website. There is no "right" to freedom of speech here. We, the Admins and moderators DO want to promote discussion but FREE un-moderated discussion online turns into a screaming match between children. We believe that rules of etiquette should be applied (see below). Shouting about how we have infringed your "freedom of speech" on a privately owned website is silly. You can use blogger.com to say what YOU like, what you aren’t entitled to is access to the community we have built here without abiding by the community's rules, as decided and enforced by us

If you don't like the forum / moderator decisions then you are at liberty to post on other websites or even start your own.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭mayhem#

@baza1976 I locked the thread for a number of reasons:
    • It wasn't going anywhere
    • I had received complaints about the organisors sending out sms-spam
    • It looked and sounded generally dodgy

Feel free to convince me that I was wrong and I will unlock it.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,467 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

--amadeus--, spot on. :)

Now, guess whats going to happen to this thread?

Gimme an 'L', gimme an 'O', gimme a 'C'......

(Oops... mayhem# got there before me....)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭mayhem#

@Paulegend I will delete post, lock thread and carry out any corrective action if neccesary but I will very rarely ban someone.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement