Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

G Phone hype

Options
  • 15-07-2009 11:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 14

If the Google phone is a genuine competitor to the iPhone why are none of the O2 competitors in Ireland supplying it? Are these companies just pretending to compete, like bord gais and the ESB?:confused:
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Obviously Google don't go in for the hype that Apple does.

Plus, I think the Google phone is aimed more at the technically minded, as opposed to Apple being aimed at the mass-market.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭h57xiucj2z946q

paulboards wrote: »
    If the Google phone is a genuine competitor to the iPhone why are none of the O2 competitors in Ireland supplying it? Are these companies just pretending to compete, like bord gais and the ESB?:confused:

Also Vodafone Ireland are gonna offer the HTC Magic later this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

And theres not really such thing as a Google Phone, just the Android OS
    (I know my G1 has "with Google" on the back so shush)

The more phones use it, the more attention itll get,the bigger it becomes.
    Apple built the hype with the iPhone to conquer, Android will take more of an infesting approach :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Why is the "Google Phone" a competitor to the iPhone? Apples phone is a success because of an eclectic mix of design and marketing. Android is ..... well google did it so it must be good?

Why is the "Google Phone" a competitor to the iPhone? Apples phone is a success because of an eclectic mix of design and marketing. Android is ..... well google did it so it must be good?
    Android does pretty much everything the iphones os does besides use opengl 2.0 yet except it does it without having Apple tell you what you want and lets you decide for yourself.The advantages of being open :)

+I love the notification shade and app drawer

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

android isn't really open. and just because it's open source (which it doesn't seem to be, yet) doesn't mean you can freely modify the firmware and reflash your phone. no most of these phones will be as locked down and restricted as the iphone if not more

towel401 wrote: »
    android isn't really open. and just because it's open source (which it doesn't seem to be, yet) doesn't mean you can freely modify the firmware and reflash your phone. no most of these phones will be as locked down and restricted as the iphone if not more
    Ill believe that when I see it

Advertisement