Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it too late now?

Options
  • 14-07-2009 11:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭

To apply as a mature student for Science?

Would I have a better chance if I applied to the UCD Access Course for Science, is it too late for that?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Helen2

Not sure -I think you can only apply for CAO courses with AQA (all qualified applicants) after the first round -these courses have not filled up and therefore accept new applicants. Otherwise the Access Science seems a better route as you will be with other mature students.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

You can apply to courses in Vacant places usually in August after the first round CAO offers are made but your range of choices wont be brilliant. You might be better off taking the Access course and applying next year.
    I think UCD are still accepting applications to the Access to Science and Engineering foundation cert. Check here http://www.ucd.ie/adulted/courses/ex430.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

I'm pretty sure the deadline for application to the Access to Science course is sometime in August.

I did it last year so pm if you need any advice. I'm pretty sure everyone in my class got into the course of their choice!

Advertisement