Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with fridge

Options
  • 14-07-2009 9:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭

Hi all,

My problem with my fridge is that when is is working on the gas it starts and works but the electronic ignition dosnt realise it is working and keeps on clicking away.
    anybody have this problem and if so dot hey have a work around.

Many thanks

BrenC

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

The way this usually works is that the ignition has a heat sensor at the gas burner of the fridge. Once that is hot enough, it switches off the "clicker".

I don't know if that can be serviced or needs to be replaced ...but having a gawk at your burner and a little clean around there with a small brush may be a good start.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭BrenCooney

Thanks Peasant, I had a look at it this evening and using a blow gun from my compressor blew all around the burner and it appeared to have worked as it started right away. Did'nt see anything blowing out but it must have removed some dust or spider web.

Advertisement