Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No Broadband Connection in Listowel! Any other town having this problem in Kerry?

Options
  • 14-07-2009 7:55pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 47

Over the last two weeks Eircom broadband has been down from around 8pm onwards, has this happened to anyone else and where?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭mikehn

Cant be a general fault in Listowel.
    I am in Listowel and my ISP is UTV, I have had no problems whatsoever.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 47 pauloc

My brother and parents are both with Eircom and they have they same problem, my parents live close by but my brother lives 1 1/2 miles away. I'm guessing that this is an "Eircom Only" problem! how much is UTV?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

@ PaulOC take a look here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=259 at the broadband forum, their are numerous threads started there from posters with the same problem as you have posted about here.

It was on RTE news today that Eircom was hacked twice in the last 2weeks and they are now supposedly fixing the problems.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 47 pauloc

This is every night at 8pm, except for the weekends! hackers sounds like a likely excuse, I was talking to the tech guys and they said nothing about hackers, they also told me to delete all my passwords and browser history, turn off my router firewall and anti-virus firewall, and turn off the wireless privacy on my router!! All this to speed up my 7mb broadband which is actually never faster than 3.8mb, it was faster when tested with eircoms speedtest, but it was the same when tested with speedtest.net.

ridiculous!

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭mikehn

Hi
    I was with Vodafone for about 4 years and got fed up with niggly problems and poor support.
    I checked around and selected UTV as I have two kids who use the Internet a lot.
    The UTV packages range from approx 12€ for 4g download to about 24€ for unlimited.
    The normal speed offered is 8g. but that is entirely dependent on the exchange,I find I am downloading at between 2 and 3g.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

pauloc wrote: »
    This is every night at 8pm, except for the weekends! hackers sounds like a likely excuse, I was talking to the tech guys and they said nothing about hackers, they also told me to delete all my passwords and browser history, turn off my router firewall and anti-virus firewall, and turn off the wireless privacy on my router!! All this to speed up my 7mb broadband which is actually never faster than 3.8mb, it was faster when tested with eircoms speedtest, but it was the same when tested with speedtest.net.

ridiculous!

Mine was like that until I changed to openDNS and until Eircom shut-down the internet as a precaution lastnight I had no problems and tonight now again, no problems.

Advertisement