Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Length of motorway network in Ireland?

Options
  • 14-07-2009 5:45pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭

Does anybody know how many km's of every motorway built and planned are, like the M20 and M11 and M17 etc. Anybody have a total number of km's for every motorway we know is built and planned altogether?

Ive seen various numbers but they are all different, and after we find out about a new motorway.

Basically how many km's of motorway (inc all redesignated parts) is built and planned?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,308 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Its a little bit up in the air at themoment, but I imagine its in the order of 500km at the moment and heading for 1,000km.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭BluntGuy

Including redesignations it works out to be about 1058 km.

M1 - 80 km
    M2 - 13 km
    M3 - 53 km
    M4 - 62 km
    M6 - 137 km (does not include Athlone BP)
    M7 - 185 km
    M8 - 143 km
    M9 - 116.5 km
    M11 - 36 km (does not include PPP schemes)
    M17 - 25.5 km
    M18 - 70.8 km
    M20 - Approx 90 km
    M50 - 47.2 km

You can check out the wikipedia pages which myself, Furet and various others have pieced together over the last few months.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Motorways_in_the_Republic_of_Ireland

I've updated a few of them to take into account redesignations.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,308 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Not all of that is open though.

Advertisement