Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold water aquerium question on fish

Options
  • 14-07-2009 5:02pm

I decided to set up a new aquerium. I also decided to go for cold water. i have dont tropical in the past but i wanted somthing different.

it actually got me thinking about what type of fish i can go for. I know there are the goldfish oranda's moore's qui ect ........

But is there anything else i can add in to change it up a little. I heard of minno but i havnt seen any around .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭dbrock

you can put in some white cloud montain minnow, weather loach, paradise fish, also seen few more in fintastic aquatics in dunlaoighaire sry cant remember which ones,

Thanks for that, i will have to take a look into them. I knew there were more fish out there that i could get. There doesnt seem to be many around the city centre though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 dmanning

try boardwalk pets on the quays i know the have white clouds and cold water plcos and more just cant think of the names

will be walking by there today actually will check it out . Thanks again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭Scawgeen

Mountain minnow look well in a tank, they move around in shoals, beautiful to watch. Shubunkins add a bit of colour and the Weather loaches just do their own thing.

• Advertisement

I actually went to pick up a couple of weather loach's this weekend, i was told by the guy in the shop that they were warm water and that i would need a heater !!

He told me that alot of people sell them as cold water but about 2 out of 10 of them die.

Advertisement