Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV Aerial - Portarlington

Options
  • 14-07-2009 1:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭

I am buying a house in Whitefields in Portarlington. I notice that a lot of houses there have 2 tv aerials - one appears to be VHF and the other UHF. Where is the transmission mast located ?

Can you get reception from Cairn Hill in Longford ? This would require only one aerial (all 4 channels on UHF).

Thanks - nice town.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭bigpaddy2004

Poulgorm wrote: »
    I am buying a house in Whitefields in Portarlington. I notice that a lot of houses there have 2 tv aerials - one appears to be VHF and the other UHF. Where is the transmission mast located ?

Can you get reception from Cairn Hill in Longford ? This would require only one aerial (all 4 channels on UHF).

Thanks - nice town.

Cairn Hill is a non runner. You need a VHF, UHF & Diplexer. Point them for Kippure, Mt Leinster might not be great in that area either.

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Poulgorm

Cairn Hill is a non runner. You need a VHF, UHF & Diplexer. Point them for Kippure, Mt Leinster might not be great in that area either.

Thanks for that. Much appreciated

Advertisement