Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Omega repair in Dublin?

Options
  • 14-07-2009 11:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭

Hey folks,
    my seamaster chrono has issues. Quickset date isn't working. I've been very careful not to adjust it between 9 and 3, but took it out of the box this morning and the date will only change by moving the hands. Watch is under factory warranty for another year. Do any of the Omega dealers in Dublin (Weirs/Sheerans) do repairs on the premises? Would prefer not to send it to Omega if possible. Sent a Tag off for repairs a few years back and it took over 2 months to get it back.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭Whippo

Just bring it to Sheerans,not sure if they repair onsite or not, it will probably take 4-6 weeks either way, expect to pay €250 approx.... anyway tag in UK were always inefficient, omega actually give good customer service...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,870 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Whippo wrote: »
    Just bring it to Sheerans,not sure if they repair onsite or not, it will probably take 4-6 weeks either way, expect to pay €250 approx.... anyway tag in UK were always inefficient, omega actually give good customer service...

wont pay anything if its under warranty,

however it may take 3-6 weeks or so :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Tropheus

I would recommend Sheerans. I left my Seamaster with them. It depends on the problem. If it needs major work, they'll send it back to Omega in Switzerland and you're looking at €250 minimum for a full service which could take up to 12 weeks. If it's relatively minor, they can fix it on site.

My Seamaster had to go to Switzerland for a full service as it was running fast. All's well for the past two years since then.

Problem with expensive chronographs is that they do need servicing every few years which is expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭bogmanfan

Cheers guys,
    brought it into Weirs last thursday and they were able to fix it while I waited. Apparently Omega have their own place near dublin castle for warranty repairs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭packas

bogmanfan wrote: »
    Cheers guys,
    brought it into Weirs last thursday and they were able to fix it while I waited. Apparently Omega have their own place near dublin castle for warranty repairs.

You wouldn't happen to have contact details for Omega's repair centre. In the past I've had to send Omega watches to the UK for service/repair. Each time it took 2 months :(

thanks,
    Pat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭bogmanfan

packas wrote: »
    You wouldn't happen to have contact details for Omega's repair centre. In the past I've had to send Omega watches to the UK for service/repair. Each time it took 2 months :(

thanks,
    Pat.

I don't, sorry. Guy in Weir's said it was on Lord Edward St, opposite Dublin Castle.

• Registered Users, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

The stopwatch stopped working on my 2001 Schumie speedmaster , its going to cost €490 to fix . i feel like sacking it off and investing the cash in a new watch.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,870 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

id get another quote, im sure there is someone in the uk that can fix it for a lot less

• Registered Users, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

Cyrus wrote: »
    id get another quote, im sure there is someone in the uk that can fix it for a lot less

Thanks , Cyrus . It's gone off to Omega for repair . Just have to bite the bullet.:rolleyes:

Advertisement