Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nixer for Architect??

Options
  • 14-07-2009 10:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I am looking for an architect for a couple of small jobs, the word on the street is that there are lots of recently unemplyed architects who are available for nixers... Anyone know where could I find such folks???
    Thanks a million
    Amanda D
    Tagged:

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 41,284 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

AmandaDee wrote: »
    Anyone know where could I find such folks???

on the dole queue?

but seriously, please keep any recommendations to pm only...

amanda, where will the work be located...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,054 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

Hey. If you are trying to get the services of an architect on the cheap make sure you get one with PI cover. Speaking from experience here, we got an architect to draw our plans with a nixer howevet their PI was registered to their employer. To go through the company to get our mortgage stage payments signed off was going to cost a couple of grand. We ended up having to move our project to another engineer. Just something to be wary of! If you're borrowing for your work bank will require someone with PI.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 AmandaDee

Thanks so much Mr. Edge will keep that in mind, totally new at this so will have to keep on top of such issues :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,433 ✭✭✭sinnerboy

Nixer days are over if you do not have the funds to build without borrowings .
    Banks won't release funds on nixer basis .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭observer

hey

what sort of work would you be looking to get done. i might be able to help.

send me a PM

• Advertisement
Advertisement