Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I just found dog poo

Options
  • 14-07-2009 10:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭

In the dishwasher....... I left the dogs in on Saturday night, post pints attention.... I woke on the couch a few hours later to one very happy looking dog and another with that "I did something bad" look.

It was my own fault, although house trained they shouldn't have been left in like that. Anyway, one of the poo'd on the door of the dishwasher. I didnt notice at first in my slumber and lifted the door which sent the poo into the dishwasher.

I cleaned out the poop and poured a half bottle of bleech in and set the washer on high power. I have since opened the door between two washed and squirted in bathroom cleaner anti setptic stuff.

I still feel bad about putting my dishes in there.... Would you reckon (if you can stop laughing long enough to respond) it is ok to put my dishes through a cycle?

regards,

owner of an acrobat poo'er

engrish?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

engrish? wrote: »
    I cleaned out the poop and poured a half bottle of bleech in

Would you reckon (if you can stop laughing long enough to respond) it is ok to put my dishes through a cycle?
    :D:D Crackin up here. Yeh its fine...but id be more worried at the amount of bleach you put in there than a small bit of poo!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭magenta73

I'd make sure the filter is emptied, and after that, it should be fine. When your dishwasher is on full, it reaches a temp that kill bactiera.:) sorry for the bad spelling

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

lmao that's so funny, usually dogs just stick their heads into dishwashers to clean the plates.

Since you've put it on a high temp that should be more than enough to kill off any nasties, it should be really clean now..just ensure there's no bleach residue.

Clever in the way methinks the dog might not of wanted to poop on the floor and thought well they do it in shiney bowls so this should be just as good.

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭engrish?

Thanks folks. It has been making me crack up all day too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

I'm sorry - I LOLLED my frickin head off...

You should give thanks and praise that you FOUND the poo and were able to clean everything. With that much bleach and a couple of cycles the dishwasher will be fine to use again. My neighbours cat used poo in the passenger seat of my car if I left the door open - I never liked cats much after that.

'cptr

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭babystrawberry

Funniest thing i have heard all day :D

Its mad the way dogs have 'that look' when they know they have done something wrong!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,360 ✭✭✭washiskin

:pac::pac::pac: I laughed so much I shed tears!!!

Funniest thing I've read in ages........what kind of dogs have you got?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,032 ✭✭✭✭tk123

I'd run it with a dishwasher cleaner to be extra sure there's no crap (excuse the pun :D) left from the bleach?

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭trilo

Thanks for the post... it had me giggling.

A few hot cycles and a filter clean and i'm sure your dirty dishes are happy to be cleaned again.

washiskin wrote: »
    :pac::pac::pac: I laughed so much I shed tears!!!

Funniest thing I've read in ages........what kind of dogs have you got?

2 Golden Retreivers, the older one didnt do it, she would rather burst. Its the young one that has the intelligence of a plank. This same dog once ate a golf ball, some stones, a plastic bag, a teddy, the stuffing from a pillow and a teatowel. She (and the other dog) had just been nutuered so I had to leave her in the house for a few hours while I went out. I thought she had just chewed the things until she started to get sick. 3 & 1/2 hours of surgery and a €2,100 bill later (on christmas eve) she was on the road to recovery.

Later that day, I got chicken pox for the second time in my life. I spent christmas day away from my family (for fear of spreading chicken pox to my newborn niece) in my own house, covered in calmomile lotion, eating goodfellas pizza with two depressed looking dogs with traffic cones on their heads. Its a funny memory now but man was that the worst christmas day ever.

You will be glad to know that the dog who ate all the stuff, now doesnt eat anything she's not supposed to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭giddybootz

engrish? wrote: »
    2 Golden Retreivers, the older one didnt do it, she would rather burst. Its the young one that has the intelligence of a plank. This same dog once ate a golf ball, some stones, a plastic bag, a teddy, the stuffing from a pillow and a teatowel. She (and the other dog) had just been nutuered so I had to leave her in the house for a few hours while I went out. I thought she had just chewed the things until she started to get sick. 3 & 1/2 hours of surgery and a €2,100 bill later (on christmas eve) she was on the road to recovery.

Later that day, I got chicken pox for the second time in my life. I spent christmas day away from my family (for fear of spreading chicken pox to my newborn niece) in my own house, covered in calmomile lotion, eating goodfellas pizza with two depressed looking dogs with traffic cones on their heads. Its a funny memory now but man was that the worst christmas day ever.

You will be glad to know that the dog who ate all the stuff, now doesnt eat anything she's not supposed to.

Now THAT is funny!!! :D Totally reminds me of my dads old golden lab who was so bad for eating everything (including strong anti-septic eye drops) if left alone. He then went on to grow in to the best, most clever dog!!

Thanks for sharing!! The lads in work are looking at me strangly coz i just snorted while reading about you crimbo!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭Call me Socket

:D Sooooo funny!! I'm in stitches!
    No fear of you getting bored with those two eh?!

:D Sooooo funny!! I'm in stitches!
    No fear of you getting bored with those two eh?!

Marley & Me hit a special chord with me! I imagine I will have enough to fill a book in years to come.

Advertisement