Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ongar Book Club Group

Options
  • 14-07-2009 10:04am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Hi All

I am thinking of starting up a bookclub in Ongar, Dublin 15.

The plan is to meet in Douglas and Kaldi (I'll check with them that they don't mind and then confirm) on the last Sunday of each month.

Anybody interested?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,017 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

As far as I know, the cafe is a crossing point for Bookcrossing.com members, and some of them may still meet up there. (see www.bookcrossing.com for details of what book crossing is)

There is a yahoo group set up for bookcrossers in Ireland, so if you join it you might be able to make contact with those that use the D&K in Ongar.

Good luck with it anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 InOngar

Hi Gaspode

Thank you for letting me know about the bookcrossing folks. I was familiar with the practice but didn't know about the Ongar branch.

I'll look into it.

To anyone that is interested in the book club at Ongar.

It will still be going ahead on the last Sunday of the month.

I am sure that if the Bookcrossing folks are there we can either join forces just swap notes. The more the merrier!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,546 ✭✭✭Enii

What time are you thinking of meeting at?

Hi Enii

I was thinking of meeting mid-afternoon, maybe 3pm.

Are you interested in coming along?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,546 ✭✭✭Enii

Hi InOngar,

My friend may be interested, she is looking for a bookclub to join.

Enii

Well, you're both more than welcome to come along. I'll keep posting details here of where, when and what book, thanks Enii

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Ongargirl

Hi InOngar,

Where can I get details of your next book club meeting? I live in Ongar (as you can tell from my username) and I would be really interested in joining your book club.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 indie_girl

hi there,
    i only saw this post now - just wondering if you managed to rustle up a crowd for your bookclub. i've been in a bookclub which has ground to a halt and would love to join another. i live in carpenterstown, so i'm only up the road!

Hi indie_girl,

I have not received any reply to my posting regarding an Ongar Book Club so if we don't hear anything soon and some other people reply to this thread, we could look to setting up a Book Club in Ongar or Carpenterstown.icon7.gif

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 indie_girl

well, i'd definitely be on for that... there must be other people in the area who want a good old natter about books and whatever else crops up!

Well indie_girl,

we'll wait a few days to see if anybody replies to this thread and gives us details of the existing book club. If not, we'll see if we can round up a few people to start up a book club. I could even put a notice up in the Dunnes in Ongar or some other local spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭what2do

Hi there - I'd be interested in joining also - in Carpenterstown but just a spin over the road!

Thanks - think this is a great idea!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭joolsveer

I am in Clonsilla and am interested too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

Am at the Coolmine/Clonsilla area.
    Could be interested in this :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Dee38

Hi,

I too am interested in a book club in Ongar - can you let me know if this is going ahead??? Brill idea :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Caroloc

Greetings!

Did you set-up the book club in Ongar yet?

Thanks,
    Carol

• Registered Users Posts: 4,723 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

Hi, I would also be interested if this is going? Just up the road

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭frizzefreckles

I'm in Coolmine and would be interested in joining.

Advertisement