Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Creepy cloud formation near Bog on M6 Rochfortbridge-Kinnegad Friday

Options
  • 14-07-2009 9:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,544 ✭✭✭

Did anyone else notice that?

It was a weird looking cloud that seemed to come from the ground up. Looked sort of like a tornado but not quite.

Id heard it on the radio while having breakfast in Athlone and then noticed it on way up. Combined with that apparent crying statue and the near-appocolyptic rain at Oxegen festival, it led this traveller to wonder if the recent Jehovah visit to my door abvout the world ending had any merit

I then moved on with my life.

Disclaimer: I was torn between Infrastructure and After Hours with this one. Feel free to move. Just felt like sharing

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Weather forum?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Combined with that apparent crying statue
    What crying statue was this? Unless you mean the Virgin Mary tree stump in Rathkeale?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,544 ✭✭✭veryangryman

grenache wrote: »
    What crying statue was this? Unless you mean the Virgin Mary tree stump in Rathkeale?

The very one. Sorry still a bit high from Oxegen

The very one. Sorry still a bit high from Oxegen

I was thinking about an episode of "only fools and horses" where Del boy saw a crying statue in the local church.

One of his mates had nicked the lead off the roof and the statue was under the hole! :)

Advertisement