Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox 360 update problem

Options
  • 14-07-2009 2:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭

Hey there,

Just purchased a brand new xbox with a gold membership to xbox live. Have everything ready to go, xbox hooked up on lovely long ethernet cable.

Thing is, when I connect to xbox live and my xbox goes to start updates, it thinks for a seconds and then says that it can't download the updates.

I'm pretty sure the connection is working just fine. I went to test the network settings and it did actually connect to xbox live as before, but then the exact same thing happened. Same message and everything. There was no error message number or anything for me to refer to on the support website.

Anyone have any suggestions? I heard something about opening ports and lowering firewalls I can't see how that would help considering the xbox seems to be connecting to xbox live until it comes to updating. Then again, could be stopping the download..

I'm dying to give Resi Evil 5, Street Fighter and Soul Calibur a bash so if anyone could help it'd be much appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Yunalesca wrote: »
    Hey there,

Just purchased a brand new xbox with a gold membership to xbox live. Have everything ready to go, xbox hooked up on lovely long ethernet cable.

Thing is, when I connect to xbox live and my xbox goes to start updates, it thinks for a seconds and then says that it can't download the updates.

I'm pretty sure the connection is working just fine. I went to test the network settings and it did actually connect to xbox live as before, but then the exact same thing happened. Same message and everything. There was no error message number or anything for me to refer to on the support website.

Anyone have any suggestions? I heard something about opening ports and lowering firewalls I can't see how that would help considering the xbox seems to be connecting to xbox live until it comes to updating. Then again, could be stopping the download..

I'm dying to give Resi Evil 5, Street Fighter and Soul Calibur a bash so if anyone could help it'd be much appreciated.

Go into your modem/router settings and put the firewall to "Low".

If you're with Eircom and have a Netopia modem get into the settings by putting http://192.168.1.254/ in your browser. If it's a different router google it.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Yunalesca

Thanks loads!!! : O It worked!! I really appreciate it! ^__^

All part of the service.

Advertisement