Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lebanese Restaurants in City Centre

Options
  • 13-07-2009 11:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭

Am just back from a year of teaching in Dubai. While there I got hooked on Lebanese food (it was served in my school's canteen!) and would like to find a good restaurant in town.

Any reccomendations?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭breadandjam

The only one I know of is The Cedar Tree Lebanese Restaurant
    11a St Andrew St.
    Haven't eaten there in a few years but remeber it as being very good.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

The Cedar Tree, Byblos or Sinners. Think all 3 have been recommended here before

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭Flashraziel

Know exactly what you mean OP have a Lebanese uncle who lives in Dubai actually and everything he cooks is amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Ste.phen

Was in Syria recently and was looking for the same sort of food here, unfortunately it seems to be very expensive, even by Irish standards, but I have been meaning to give Cedar Tree a try. There's also a smaller, presumably cheaper one down by Portobello, I can't remember the name though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

The Cedar Tree is good value.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

I've eaten in the Cedar Tree. It was nice, but I don't think Lebanese is my favourite cuisine. It tastes a bit bland for me. The mosaics in the restaurant are cool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

The Cedar Tree is nice, had the early bird there.

Sinners looks cool too, apparently they have belly dancers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Des wrote: »
    The Cedar Tree is nice, had the early bird there.

Sinners looks cool too, apparently they have belly dancers.

Both are nice, and neither are owned by a Lebanese!.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

there is a lebanese restaurant on middle abbey street, just before the chinese all you can eat

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

An egyptian guy used to own sinners..he used to own rumours nightclub too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭gwjones42

Thanks for all that folks. Looks like it's The Cedar Tree for me!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,324 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

there is a lebanese restaurant on middle abbey street, just before the chinese all you can eat

Is that not Indonesian? Must have a lookon ay to work tomorrow.

gwjones42 wrote: »
    Thanks for all that folks. Looks like it's The Cedar Tree for me!!

I think it really boils down to personal taste.

Personally, and after being in the Middle EAst (more so Lebanon) a few times I'd say Sinner's comes closest to authentic Lebanese food, plus they serve Almaza beer (Lebanese).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭Huggles

The Ceder Tree is owned by a Lebanese family, friends of my parents for last 20 odd years.

Huggles wrote: »
    The Ceder Tree is owned by a Lebanese family, friends of my parents for last 20 odd years.

Really, tell them to tell that to their staff - who've informed me that its owned by Moroccans.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

There is a guy doing the markets round, Howth, Temple Bar, St. annes Raheny and the IFSC and probably Dun Laoighre that does excellent Lebanese lunch boxes for about 8 euro. Makikomi, you will need to test for authenticity, they mightn't be the real thing... They are tasty enough though.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭gwjones42

ALL of the kitchen staff in my school who served the deliciously addictive Lebanese food were in fact Indian, so I'll have no problems wherever the Dublin staff / owners are from!

Just checked out Sinners website and am really impressed...Just about everything I'm looking for is there and I especially like how clealy priced it all is.

If there are any experts on Lebanese food out there can you tell me the name of the dish in which aubergines are sliced into really thin cross sections and then fried?? I had it for lunch every Tuesday, but with all of the other Arabic names in my head I can't remember it. If no-one knows I'lll just ask when I actually go to the restaurant!

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Chocoholic84

Yep I love Sinners as well. Wasn't there when the belly-dancing was on, but I must go sometime! Food lovely, big portions and reasonably priced, and the owner is super-friendly as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭joseph brand

Theres between four and eight of us looking to go for meal tonight, and I am interested in trying Sinners, as it has the belly dancers tonight, judging from this site:
    http://www.irishbellydancing.com/Restaurants.htm

I've never eaten Lebanese food but it looks delicious, plus I'm feeling adventurous.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭tony 2 tone

Ste.phen wrote: »
    Was in Syria recently and was looking for the same sort of food here, unfortunately it seems to be very expensive, even by Irish standards, but I have been meaning to give Cedar Tree a try. There's also a smaller, presumably cheaper one down by Portobello, I can't remember the name though.

The one in Potobello is the Rotana Cafe. Grand spot. Don't know the nationality of the owner :P
    You can check out the menu here

• Advertisement
Advertisement