Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

commercial tax

Options
  • 13-07-2009 11:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

what is the story with commercial tax.i want to buy a swb pajero but i dont have a company i just want it for my own private use.can i tax it commercial.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

Yes no problem, once the vehicle is already taxed as commercial. If it isn't already taxed as commercial the rear seats, seat belts and windows need to be removed and the vehicle has to be inspected by Revenue to confirm it's been reclassified as a commercial vehicle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 conor1234

well i havent bought anything yet, but when i am i will def be getting a commercial one.prob be bout a 05 so it would already have been taxed commercial in the past.is it legal to tax something as commercial without owning a company

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

conor1234 wrote: »
    well i havent bought anything yet, but when i am i will def be getting a commercial one.prob be bout a 05 so it would already have been taxed commercial in the past.is it legal to tax something as commercial without owning a company

Yes perfectly legal.

glad to hear it!!!!!!!
    ive heard that the guards can stop you outside "normal business hours"?
    there doesnt seem to be much info about this on the co. council websites!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Dilbert75

Would this type of question not be better asked in the Motors forum?

• Advertisement

its my first time to post a forum!!!!i thought it was in the motors section!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Moved from UL.

Advertisement