Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Graham Linehan - Funny Business (on RTE1 now)

Options
  • 13-07-2009 10:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43,813 ✭✭✭✭

A profile of one of the best TV writers working today IMO.

Has interviews from Graham Linehan, Charlie Higson, Paul Whitehouse, Steve Coogan, Matt Lucas, David Walliams among others.

Only started 2 or 3 minutes ago. Could be great viewing though.. especially for an RTE production!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,813 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Balls.. it's a repeat!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1190716/

Still never saw it before and quite great stuff. Excellent to see some behind the scenes of The IT Crowd and how much of a legend Matt Berry is (even in rehearsals).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭The Recliner

basquille wrote: »
    Balls.. it's a repeat!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1190716/

Still never saw it before and quite great stuff. Excellent to see some behind the scenes of The IT Crowd and how much of a legend Matt Berry is (even in rehearsals).

Saw this when it was first shown last year sometime

Well worth a watch, some interesting info and interviews on it

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Weirdly, I think it's fun listening to all the IT crowd jokes being worked out after seeing them in the real thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,552 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Just caught the last twenty minutes of it. Was good stuff. I remember Graham being interviewed by Charlie Brooker in a Screenwipe special on writing and being impressed with his tips on comedy writing.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Just finished watching this, was a really enjoyable and well put together piece. It's obvious he is held in high regard and he shows a lot of ambition, can only be good for the future of comedy programming.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Frankie Lee

A fascinating insight into a comedy legend, its a small pity he didn't discuss Black Books which I regarded as being as good as Father Ted and better than the IT crowd. Probably because it was more a Dylan Moran project I presume.

Steve Coogan looked fairly mad by the way.

Fair play to him for helping out Little Britain too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

That was pretty good I thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭Brian CivilEng

I enjoyed the show. When exactly was it made though? It was quite sad seeing Geoffrey Perkins giving his input knowing that he died last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

I was surprised at the end when it said it was made for RTE. Good production, and he came across very well - well worth a watch. Not available on the player though?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,813 ✭✭✭✭Basq

olaola wrote: »
    I was surprised at the end when it said it was made for RTE. Good production, and he came across very well - well worth a watch. Not available on the player though?
    Probably because it was a repeat from a year and a half ago.

Was very good alright.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

dammit, i knew my rte boycott would backfire on me someday. can this be viewed anywhere else?

Advertisement