Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

**Match Thread** Tue 14/7 20:15 WES1 Boardeaux vs Ravenhill

Options
  • 13-07-2009 5:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭

Fifteen points from the last five games is a must.

Let's start with these three.

Goalkeepers -

Daryl -
    Clayton -

Defence -

Keith -
    Martin -
    Ed -
    Dan -
    Michael - Yes
    Cathal -
    Geoff -
    Mick Mc -

Midfield -

Gav -
    Iain -
    Lepo -
    Dave - Yes
    Pat -
    Conor -
    Collie -

Strikers -

Ciaran -
    Jules -
    Eddie -
    Art - Yes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

Goalkeepers -

Daryl -
    Clayton -

Defence -

Keith - Yes
    Martin - Work
    Ed - Yes
    Dan -
    Michael - Yes
    Cathal -
    Geoff - Yes
    Mick Mc - Yes

Midfield -

Gav - Holidays
    Iain -
    Lepo -
    Dave - Yes
    Pat -
    Conor -
    Collie -

Strikers -

Ciaran - Yes
    Jules - Yes
    Eddie -
    Art - Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

ill be there.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

As said boys 3 points is what we need from this and a bag full of goals would be helpful too :)

As said boys 3 points is what we need from this and a bag full of goals would be helpful too :)

anything could happen against this lost, we had nearly every realistic result possible against them at this stage. they are very inconsistent but have beaten us already this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

Goalkeepers -

Daryl -
    Clayton -

Defence -

Keith - Yes
    Martin - Work
    Ed - Yes
    Dan -
    Michael - Yes
    Cathal -
    Geoff - Yes
    Mick Mc - Yes

Midfield -

Gav - Holidays
    Iain -
    Lepo -
    Dave - Yes
    Pat -
    Conor -
    Collie -

Strikers -

Ciaran - Yes
    Jules - Yes
    Eddie - YES
    Art - Yes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭Idu

I'm out for the rest of the year. Tried kicking a ball at the weekend and had no strength in the leg at all. Physio says I need to build it back up again slowly as I rushed through the rehab last time. Bit annoying but I'd rather miss a few more games if it means not having a dodgy ankle for the rest of my life

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Goalkeepers -

Daryl -
    Clayton - Yes

Defence -

Keith - Yes
    Martin - Work
    Ed - Yes
    Dan - Yes
    Michael - Yes

Cathal - Injured
    Geoff - Yes
    Mick Mc - Yes

Midfield -

Gav - Holidays
    Iain - Injured
    Lepo -
    Dave - Yes
    Pat -
    Conor -
    Collie - Yes

Strikers -

Ciaran - Yes
    Jules - Yes
    Eddie - YES
    Art - Yes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Idu wrote: »
    I'm out for the rest of the year. Tried kicking a ball at the weekend and had no strength in the leg at all. Physio says I need to build it back up again slowly as I rushed through the rehab last time. Bit annoying but I'd rather miss a few more games if it means not having a dodgy ankle for the rest of my life

Do you mean until 2010, or until next season?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭Idu

says I need about 5 weeks of slow rehab so I should be ok for the winter league

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

Good luck tonight lads. Last game I'll miss.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭thelepo

Goalkeepers -

Daryl -
    Clayton - Yes

Defence -

Keith - Yes
    Martin - Work
    Ed - Yes
    Dan - Yes
    Michael - Yes

Cathal - Injured
    Geoff - Yes
    Mick Mc - Yes

Midfield -

Gav - Holidays
    Iain - Injured
    Lepo - Yes
    Dave - Yes
    Pat -
    Collie - Yes

Strikers -

Ciaran - Yes
    Jules - Yes
    Eddie - YES
    Art - Yes

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,665 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Goalkeepers -

Daryl - Yes
    Clayton - Yes

Defence -

Keith - Yes
    Martin - Work
    Ed - Yes
    Dan - Yes
    Michael - Yes

Cathal - Injured
    Geoff - Yes
    Mick Mc - Yes

Midfield -

Gav - Holidays
    Iain - Injured
    Lepo - Yes
    Dave - Yes
    Pat -
    Collie - Yes

Strikers -

Ciaran - Yes
    Jules - Yes
    Eddie - YES
    Art - Yes

3-3 draw, dont know what to make of the game. obviously disappionting that we didnt win, but it really was a game of 2 halves. 2-2 at half time, but we could so easily have been 2 or 3 down, yet we led 2 times. we conceded both goals within 2 minutes of going ahead.

they went 3-2 up from a dodgy penalty after hitting the bar in the first 5 minutes and from then on in, we dominated and they only had one more chance. Ciaran had 2 headers go inches wide, collie hit the bar and then we got an equally dodgy peno to level up with 5 left. collie then headed over and ciarans header bounced over the bar in the last minute.

overall, a draw was a fair result, as both sides had loads of chances. was a great game, played in slippy conditions and we can take positives from the fact that in the 2nd half we looked to have more confidence and when we were under pressure, we upped our game and got back into it.

we are now 3rd on goal difference with ketamine now serious contenders. league is out of our hands now :(.

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

Yep, strange game alright. We started really well and were breaking up Ravenhill attacks in midfield and turning them into our own attacks and you'd have backed us to push on and close it out from there but Ravenhill then adjusted and simply played to their strengths: long ball every time to 2 strikers both well able to fight for it and with the ball control to do damage when it came.

We really struggled with those long balls in the first half cos we just weren't positioned right at times and if I was reffing I'd have given at least one peno against us for hands high on Gary's back. On the other hand, we were playing some really lovely stuff when we had it and looked dangerous. Ciaran, who got great joy in dropping a bit deeper to get on the ball, had 3 excellent strikes in the first half that went very marginally wide of a corner. Add to that his headers in the 2nd half, which were all well struck and I think he deserved a second goal.

Their 17, Eamon, was truly outstanding and is the best player in the league by a long way. His free kick goal was perfection, though our keeper will have been disappointed not to get closer to it given it was on the opposite side to the side covered by the wall. The foul came from us overcomplicating it deep in our own half.

Second half their long balls were less effective cos the new Ed and Dan partnership was winning plenty of ball but again Ravenhill adjusted with Eamon dropping a lot deeper to get on the ball in midfield and picking out through balls from there.

Both penos were ones that you've seen given and have seen be let go: yes, the ball technically hit Eddie's arm but it was accidental and he was close to being outside the box. The one on me was a foul - I was lining up a strike almost identical to the goal in the 1st half and got a 2 handed shove in the side, but I was surprised as anyone to see it awarded given that your man had gotten away with so much shoving in the back to that point. Think the difference was this time it was from the side, not the back, so the ref could see it. I felt the pressure before that peno for sure and though I was very happy with the power and placement of the connection I got some fright when I hit it and realised how soft tha ball was and how much pace that took off it....seemed to take an age to go in.

That point may turn out to be absolutely crucial and whatever about the strange performance (which was great in some ways, strange in others), I gotta say the spirit of this squad is pretty damn strong - we battled very hard when things went against us and you just knew we would get another chance.

Your man Eamon is a class player alright. He's singlehandedly taken 5 points off us now.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

A bit po$$ed off after that game last night, we score twice and let them back in within a couple of minutes each time. The penalties evened themselves out but with the chances we had we should have won comfortably.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭emc2

Disappointing result last night.

On the plus side we were good in the second half and created more chances in this game than we have in any game all season. If we can push on and bring this level of chances into our next 2 games we should be able to add to our goal difference tally. The other plus from the game last night was Jules 2 goals makes him joint top goal scorer in the league (far play Jules).

We are still in with a great shout of winning this league lads, we need to forget about what anyone else is doing and go out there and win our last 4 games. If we do that hopefully our hard work will get its reward.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

A bit po$$ed off after that game last night, we score twice and let them back in within a couple of minutes each time. The penalties evened themselves out but with the chances we had we should have won comfortably.

lollers :D

Iago wrote: »
    lollers :D

draw was a fair result alright. both sides dominated, game could have been over at halt time and likewise we could have won it in the end, so over the course of the hour, the draw was correct.

gary, can you promise us to put the same effort in against roys rovers?

they are the most haunted side ive ever seen. 2 ogs last nite to win it for them.

• Advertisement

forgot to say, my season is over. did my knee in again that kept me for a few weeks towards end of last season (did it in the 2-2 draw with coca cola). it struck again last nite only this time is worse and im facing a long lay off. ill still be down to watch the games but thats my involement from now on. have scan results to come in the next few days and that will tell how long im out for.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

forgot to say, my season is over. did my knee in again that kept me for a few weeks towards end of last season (did it in the 2-2 draw with coca cola). it struck again last nite only this time is worse and im facing a long lay off. ill still be down to watch the games but thats my involement from now on. have scan results to come in the next few days and that will tell how long im out for.

Sorry to hear that mate but better safe than sorry. It's worthwhile going to see that guy I told you about (Fergal McGoldrick) it's only around €125 or so for the initial consultation and he did wonders with me. From not being able to run for more than 5 minutes over a period of 12 months to nearly 3 years now without problems. Has to worth a visit for peace of mind if nothing else.

Best of luck with it.

Iago wrote: »
    Sorry to hear that mate but better safe than sorry. It's worthwhile going to see that guy I told you about (Fergal McGoldrick) it's only around €125 or so for the initial consultation and he did wonders with me. From not being able to run for more than 5 minutes over a period of 12 months to nearly 3 years now without problems. Has to worth a visit for peace of mind if nothing else.

Best of luck with it.

ill get the results of the scan and see what happens.

cheers lad.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,665 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Definitely a point won. It should've been 6/7-2 at half-time as we were being picked off 2-on-2 again at the back, so to get a draw is a pleasant plus.

I don't think we would've got the penalty had the other one not been given, but both weren't really arguable. It was a lottery at the end where both sides could've won it.

Their 17 was outstanding. Did he 'score' the 3 in the first game..definitely took the first anyway. I think crucially though he had players to play off. The no 7, 9 and Iago were always players he could work with and work off. The finish for the second goal was top quality. He was free, but it was a really difficult finish.

Advertisement