Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Commuting from Wicklow to Cherrywood

Options
  • 13-07-2009 5:10pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 249 ✭✭

Hi guys,

Following on from my last thread - http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055618883 - where I decided Tallaght was not for me hehe

Some cracking houses in Wicklow, anyone aware of solid and regular transport links to Cherrywood from there?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

133 stops at Cherrywood on the N11 afaik.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

Yep mike is right the 133 stops at the N11 beside the Cherrywood/N11 flyover which would leave a bit of a walk.

Returning home the pickup point is just before the Shankill/loughlinstown hospital roundabout on the N11

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 249 ✭✭DA365

I dunno if mods wanna merge the other 2 threads I made with this one as I hate messing up the place making new threads with questions for new areas.

How easy is it to get to Cherrywood (or surrounding areas) from Arklow?

Seen a beautiful house in Arklow that I really want to take but just looking to identify transport links to Dublin and in or around Cherrywood.

Right, Ive now managed to find somewhere in South County and am wondering if anyone knew transport links to Cherrywood.

Should be signing my lease tomorrow and it's Glencairn Dale, The Gallops.

Any help guys or will I be walking to and from work lol?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Pablo Sanchez

You should have the luas on your doorstep within the year that goes straight to Cherrywood. Dont know about the bus routes sorry

Walking actually may be an option, its not that far!:pac:

• Advertisement

I know the 145 will take me to cherrywood from the n11 - just dont know how to get to the n11 from where the house is

• Registered Users Posts: 78,308 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Arklow

Train Arklow-Bray or Bus Éireann bus.

The Gallops

Get a 47 from the north end of Ballyogan Road or a 63 or 115 or 117 to the N11 and a 145 to Cherrywood.

http://www.mkmap.com/dublin - you need to select the 47 from the menu on the left.

Luas should be open by 2010.

Thanks Victor, this might be quite a simple commute!

Can I ask what stop would I get off at from the 47 to be at the N11 for the 145 to Cherrywood?

• Registered Users Posts: 78,308 ✭✭✭✭Victor

The first stop you come to, depending on which way you go (the 117 goes the "wrong" way). You are likely to need to cross the N11 though. A multi-journey dublin bus ticket would be really handy.

Route 118 might be another one. Note many of the routes in the area have limited services as operators won't invest in building up a service only to lose all their customers when Luas opens.

Actually the 115 and 117 seem to have been withdrawn.

You might check if any of the Luas feeder buses go that way.

Advertisement