Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Russound CAS44

Options
  • 13-07-2009 12:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭

i just bought a house with a built in sound system. its a Russound CAs44 with KP4 keypads. everything is ready to go but i have no idea how to connect my TV, ipod xbox etc to it. its connedted to a tuner.amp that came with it and thats works fine. so if anyone knows how to add other sources the help would be greatly appreciated.
    cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,266 ✭✭✭Homer

The CAS44 has standard phono connectors on the back of it for audio in from any of the devices you mentioned.
    230306758?$product$
    So one end connects to your audio device such as sky or ipod dock etc and the other end connects to the back of the CAS44.
    You can have up to 4 audio sources connected to it.
    The CAS44 only handles audio and not video so I wouldn't recommend connecting like of an xbox to it?
    You could of course connect your sky box to it and control the sky box then from any room using the ir receiver in each keypad.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭DYLF

thanks for the reply.
    thats exactly what i thought but there are no built in connections for the RCA connection (ive seen houses in other estates with rca connections in the wall) and there is no way of leading a cable from the tv to the cas44 box which is all wired back to a press in the utility room. is there any other way to connect it?

Not really, unless you have some cat5/6 going from the TV location back to the comms area?
    If not, realistically all you will be able to add to the system are audio sources located beside the CAS44 hub. i.e. iPod dock, cd player, Sonos etc?
    You could try a wireless audio/video sender if you are really stuck but I wouldn't put much faith in such devices :p

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭DYLF

Homer wrote: »
    You could try a wireless audio/video sender if you are really stuck but I wouldn't put much faith in such devices :p

neither would i but it seems to be my only choice at this stage. :(
    it there any particular one you could recommend?? AV is really not my area of speciality!!!

Well most of the decent video senders are in and around 70-80 euro so I would make sure you can return if in case it doesn't work..
    Saying that, any time I have come across them they usually send audio much better than video for obvious reasons so it might just get you out of a hole?
    Are there any other wireless RF type devices in the house already such as baby listening devices or cordless phones as these can interfere with the signal despite what the manafacturers might claim!!
    Trial and error my friend!! Best of luck, hope it works for you.

• Advertisement
Advertisement