Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Husky possible fractured leg

Options
  • 13-07-2009 10:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Yesturday a plate fell on my 6 month old Sib Huskys leg, I weas washing the dishes and put the plates on the rack but I didn't notice he was sitting under the press and one unfortunatly fell off the rack and landed on his paw (Heavy one aswell) it smashed and he went running to the sitting room, I went in and he had his paw held up and was crying his eyes out, I calmed him down and examined it as best I could and said I would see how he is in the morning as thats when it will show, he could walk on it a little last night but not much.

This morning he is having trouble walking, he is limping a bit and gives out when I touch it. Do you guys think it might be broken or could it be brusied?

I have taken out insurance for him but it havsn't gone through yet as I only got the forms last Friday and i'm pretty broke for a vet but obviously I'll work something out if I have to I dont wanna see my buddy in pain.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,917 ✭✭✭dogbert27

Hi,

just to be sure I would definitely take him to the vet. I take my dog to 2 different vets and both are very understanding if I can't afford to pay on the day and tell me to call back when I get a chance. Or else I just pay off what I can on the day and call back later to pay off the rest. Don't let the money be an issue for your dogs health. If the vets have integrity than your pets health will be what's important not the money.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Please bring your dog to the vet, if it is fractured or broken he could be doing more harm to it by walking around on it and that.

It sounds like more than bruising if hs in that much pain.

You wont know if it is broken/fractured unless its xrayed so i would make an appt as soon as possible, esp if the dog is in pain, which he clearly is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Irishcrx

Ok yeah better safe than sorry i'll ring a vet this morning and make an appointment for later on.

Advertisement