Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fianna Eireann Handbook

Options
  • 13-07-2009 6:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 47

Anyone have any idea of how I could get my hands on one?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭conchubhar1

local library very long shot

national library of ireland or a university library - definitely

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Its in the NUIG library but part of the special collections-manuscripts, etc. So it could be hard enough to track down. There's some quotes and stuff on the ucc celt site from the book but not the whole thing afaik. Where are you based and are you looking to borrow a copy or keep it?

Actually there might be a full copy on celt, but its a sgml file which my laptop doesn't know how to open, anyone know wtf that is?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

Its in the NUIG library but part of the special collections-manuscripts, etc. So it could be hard enough to track down. There's some quotes and stuff on the ucc celt site from the book but not the whole thing afaik. Where are you based and are you looking to borrow a copy or keep it?

Actually there might be a full copy on celt, but its a sgml file which my laptop doesn't know how to open, anyone know wtf that is?

from my programming days of old im pretty sure its like a cover all file that will support many different platforms opening it, now what you actually open it with i've no idea and would suggest trying everything!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Cheers L, I got it to open in openoffice but its just the same information as in this link; http://www.ucc.ie/celt/online/E900007-006/text001.html

Bit disappointing, was hoping it would be the full handbook.

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭man1

DarkMuse wrote: »
    Anyone have any idea of how I could get my hands on one?

Hi
    Why do you want one. Is it for research?

• Advertisement
Advertisement