Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cuid Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Options
  • 13-07-2009 5:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭

Leigh anois go curamach ar do scrudphaipaer... na treoracha... agus na ceisteanna... agoinn, le cuid Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Later: Cuid Beeeeeeeeeeeeee...

Is there any particular reason the guys who do these tapes ALWAYS drag out the words, and especially the letter of the cuid? It's like listening to that guy in the Father Ted Christmas special who has "an incredibly dreary monotonous voice going on for meself here Faaaaather..."

"Ladies and gentlemen could you please bring your porchases to the checkout, as the stoooore is abouuut to clooooose. Hurry up, c'mon... Hurry up please."

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭tootyflutty

Thought that was obvious to bore us all to death and so we fall asleep and don't get any of the answers and thus fail the leaving cert.

or

I've heard some strange person actually thought it might be to make it easy for us, and the long letter to make sure not to do the wrong chuid. But that would just be silly . . . *rollseyes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭gaeilgegrinds

Because you would be surprised how many do the wrong questions with the wrong sections...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Jammyc

My personal favourites are the people with the Donegal Irish who sound like theyve got an apple in their throats.

"Béidh seó faisin ar súil Dé Domhnaigh.."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭CZ 453

Did my leaving in 2003 and it hasnt changed.This was a party piece of mine for a while.Ha ha.Happy days....Northern Irish is thick accent alright and found it hard to understand.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭ohthebaby

shezer wrote: »
    Did my leaving in 2003 and it hasnt changed.This was a party piece of mine for a while.Ha ha.Happy days....Northern Irish is thick accent alright and found it hard to understand.

Same here! SOme of us had it perfected by the time the exams came around. It's always the same people with the same boring voices and their long drawn out words.

Not that I mind, I mean the slower the better when you're trying to find answers.

But they were amusing when doing them in class and everyone just aking the piss. Good times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭JSK 252

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Leigh anois go curamach ar do scrudphaipaer... na treoracha... agus na ceisteanna... agoinn, le cuid Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Later: Cuid Beeeeeeeeeeeeee...

That has been firmly etched into my brain and I did the leaving 9 years ago. :D

Advertisement