Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NZ Olympic hopeful opens brothel to raise money.

Options
  • 12-07-2009 9:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/8146782.stm

An Olympic hopeful from New Zealand has opened a brothel in a bid to raise cash for a tilt at taekwondo glory in 2012.
    Logan Campbell, 23, competed at Beijing in 2008, but has now opened a 14-room "gentleman's club" after becoming tired of seeking funding from his parents.

New Zealand decriminalised prostitution six years ago, and brothels are allowed to operate with few restrictions.

But NZ Olympic officials say Campbell's business venture may count against him when choosing a team for London 2012.

Jaysus, New Zealand don't do fundraisers but if they did....

/Books flight

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

brings a whole new meaning to 'a whip around'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭Whosbetter?

There's a lot 'riding' on this venture...

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Best place to practise his "Tae Kwon Do". :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Ah, I thought it was one of their tasty female swimmers or beach volleyball players.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,513 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Why should this go against him when it comes to selections? It's legal is it not? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,019 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

dsmythy wrote: »
    Why should this go against him when it comes to selections? It's legal is it not? :confused:

It won't go against him if the selectors are mostly male and get an invite to his club, where they can reach a decision purely on merit, after going through an exhaustive selection process.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

dsmythy wrote: »
    It's legal is it not? :confused:

Yes, I do believe it is. Fair ****s to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

ejmaztec wrote: »
    It won't go against him if the selectors are mostly male and get an invite to his club, where they can reach a decision purely on merit, after going through an exhaustive selection process.
    :D I am sure they will probe his operation inside and out.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,019 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

:D I am sure they will probe his operation inside and out.

And they'll have a break from their deliberations for a cup of tea and a big piece of tart.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭RoundTower

Someone should remind them of the Olympic motto:

Harder, Faster, Stronger

• Advertisement
Advertisement