Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drug abuse in popular Dublin areas

Options
  • 12-07-2009 8:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33

So I am a Nordie living in Dublin, Tallaght for my sins, but what is the story with the boardwalk?

Can the police not do something? Did I miss something like it is allowed? :o

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,353 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

With a username like that you are sure to get serious responses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

*pretends to be a culchie*

Dublin forum that way
    >

Now to enjoy my Walkers Tayto with some TK Red minerals

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Captain-America

Walkers Tayto?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Walkers Tayto?

Some culchies like to refer to all brands of crisps as Tayto. Infact they just replace the word crisps with Tayto.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Nordie Loyalist

*pretends to be a culchie*

Dublin forum that way
    >

Now to enjoy my Walkers Tayto with some TK Red minerals

Can you link me to it and I will ask there?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Captain-America

Some culchies like to refer to all brands of crisps as Tayto. Infact they just replace the word crisps with Tayto.

Ahh. I understand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭genericguy

i love AH so much. Guy asks about the liffey boardwalk, and 3 of the first 4 replies are about crisps.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

So I am a Nordie living in Dublin, Tallaght for my sins, but what is the story with the boardwalk?

Ask Bruce Willis. He might even write a song about it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 StopTheDrugWar!

There's just too many of them. I'm sure the gardai would like to do something but there's only so much time they can devote when there's other more chargeable stuff going on around the city.

I doubt any of them are major players otherwise they'd have more sense.

With things the way they are, it's not really justifiable to lock up mere addicts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Nordie Loyalist

There's just too many of them. I'm sure the gardai would like to do something but there's only so much time they can devote when there's other more chargeable stuff going on around the city.

I doubt any of them are major players otherwise they'd have more sense.

With things the way they are, it's not really justifiable to lock up mere addicts.

Can you direct me to the forum the others said?:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,353 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Can you direct me to the forum the others said?:o

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=474

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Yeah we obviously need a whole raft of new legislation to deal with this issue as well...the laws to successfully tackle it simply don't exist at the moment. Over to you Dermo...whoops, my bad you're probably just leaving for the airport...ah well...

Seriously though, you just end up pouring garda resources into moving the dealing to some other spot and then back to the boardwalk again. It's hateful that toursits who're already being fleeced to holiday here have to witness this activity in the heart of what used to be a wonderful city to visit, never mind the locals and businesses that have to coexist alongside open dealing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

What's "more chargeable" stuff than open drug dealing? Speed traps?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭twinytwo

Wertz wrote: »
    Yeah we obviously need a whole raft of new legislation to deal with this issue as well...the laws to successfully tackle it simply don't exist at the moment. Over to you Dermo...whoops, my bad you're probably just leaving for the airport...ah well...

Seriously though, you just end up pouring garda resources into moving the dealing to some other spot and then back to the boardwalk again. It's hateful that toursits who're already being fleeced to holiday here have to witness this activity in the heart of what used to be a wonderful city to visit, never mind the locals and businesses that have to coexist alongside open dealing.

thats the problem with this country too much legal BS

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Yeah lads, Leinster never won the Heineken Cup, your "highnesses" just imagined it.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,872 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Yeah lads, Leinster never won the Heineken Cup, your "highnesses" just imagined it.

LOL.

Wut?
    :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭markok84

The police can't do anything, they only have jurisdiction in the north.

Advertisement