Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A sign of things to come? Attacking homes!

Options
  • 12-07-2009 7:11pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭

Sunday July 12 2009
    The Monaghan home of Fianna Fail Deputy Margaret Conlon has been attacked.
    It happened in the early hours of this morning.
    Her Fianna Fáil Oireachtas Constituency Colleagues - Deputy Rory O'Hanlon, Senator Francie O'Brien, Senator Diarmuid Wilson and Minister Brendan Smith TD - have issued a statement this afternoon.
    They have said they 'condemn completely out of hand' the attack on Deputy Conlon's home.
    The statement says that in a democracy protest has always been, and continues to be, an acceptable form of expression when exercised within the law.
    However they go on to say that it is entirely unacceptable than anyone should violate the privacy of the home, particularly when there are young children present.
    Source: Here

I can't stand the government (a lot here know that) but I utterly condemn without question or hesitation, the actions of those that would attack a home, any home with or without children in it.

While a tide of anger is rising - and will only be made much worse with more cuts coming, is this the ways things are going to go now?
    I hope not.
    All I can say to those that did it - STOP - your doing this country no favours.

Instead, get your arses out protesting in a peaceful manner for fraks sake.
    I, myself can understand your anger and frustration but listen lads (or lassies), don't drag yourself down to the gutter level of a Fianna Fail politician.
    If your want to do something - do it peaceful. If its peaceful, I'll be right there along side with ye.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

By an attack, they mean what exactly?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

Biggins wrote: »
    I can't stand the government (a lot here know that) but I utterly condemn without question or hesitation, the actions of those that would attack a home with children in it.

Just with children? Surely an attack on any home is a horrible condemning act?

As for the rest of your post, +1. What a horrible thing to do. Hatred of the government does not excuse violating the sanctity of someone's home. I also hate the government, but I can think of much better ways to protest than this :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭Sir Molle

Yes, this random act of abuse is a sign of the way society of changing. In a couple of years it's pretty much going to be a real version of Mad Max. Hell, I'm just back from doing a drive by on my neighbors gaff because they had a party last night that went on past 11.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Duiske

By an attack, they mean what exactly?

The monsters threw eggs at the house. Society is falling apart.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Just with children? Surely an attack on any home is a horrible condemning act?

As for the rest of your post, +1. What a horrible thing to do. Hatred of the government does not excuse violating the sanctity of someone's home. I also hate the government, but I can think of much better ways to protest than this :mad:

Thank you for pointing that error out.

ANY HOME that is attacked, I condemn the action of the culprits!
    Above text will be changed to reflect that.

Be it eggs or anything else, its no way to behave or get you point across effectively and progressively.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,833 ✭✭✭✭Armin_Tamzarian

Mindless Violence - FTW

actually friends with one of the sons i think.. weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭MrJetlag

**** her

**** Fianna Fail

They deserve everything they get for ****ing up this country.

They deserve to be dragged out onto the streets ,shot like the dogs that they are and strung up and hung from the street lights outside leinster house.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,513 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

So was it attacked because it was a politicians home or was it attacked because some teens were out looking to attack a random house?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

MrJetlag wrote: »
    **** her

**** Fianna Fail

They deserve to be dragged out onto the streets ,shot like the dogs that they are and strung up and hung from the street lights outside leinster house.

:rolleyes:

Not a supporter of FF BTW.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,811 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

At least it was not OAP's

OAP gang 'tortured financial adviser'

A group of pensioners has been accused of kidnapping and torturing a financial adviser who lost over €2m of their savings.

The pensioners, nicknamed the "Geritol Gang" by police after an arthritis drug, face up to 15 years in jail if found guilty of subjecting German-American James Amburn to the alleged four-day ordeal.

Two of them are said to have hit him with a Zimmer frame outside his home in Speyer, western Germany, before he was driven 300 miles to a home on the shores of a lake in Bavaria.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/oap-gang-tortured-financial-adviser-1716327.html

dsmythy wrote: »
    So was it attacked because it was a politicians home or was it attacked because some teens were out looking to attack a random house?

Its only a guess but I'm guessing that such a high profile persons home would be well known in the area so to attack such a home would have been a direct go at them rather than random.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭marcsignal

Biggins wrote: »
    I can't stand the government (a lot here know that) but I utterly condemn without question or hesitation, the actions of those that would attack a home, any home with or without children in it.

I also utterly detest FF and their 'fetid pig-ignorant bogger dynasty', but agree with you there biggins.

Attacking homes is not the way forward. Anger is running high, and getting higher, and that is absolutely understandable, but the way to rid ourselves of FF is by remembering how they have fucked us all over, and laughed at us in the process, when the next election comes.

remember, and never forget

marcsignal wrote: »
    ...Remember and never forget.

Exactly. Thats the right way.

marcsignal wrote: »
    I also utterly detest FF and their 'fetid pig-ignorant bogger dynasty', but agree with you there biggins.

Attacking homes is not the way forward. Anger is running high, and getting higher, and that is absolutely understandable, but the way to rid ourselves of FF is by remembering how they have fucked us all over, and laughed at us in the process, when the next election comes.

remember, and never forget

fetid pig-ignorant bogger dynasty - Like it

I cant wait to nail those bastards in the next election.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,019 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

**** her

**** Fianna Fail

Would there be enough street-lamps, or will we have to bring our own?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,185 ✭✭✭asdasd

'fetid pig-ignorant bogger dynasty',

Boggers eh? weren't most of the corrupt FF'ers from Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,019 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

asdasd wrote: »

They were giving free lessons to the rest of them, a bit of distance learning.

Padraig Flynn and that cnut Beverly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,185 ✭✭✭asdasd

Padraig Flynn and that cnut Beverly

Bertie, charlie, Burke etc. And the Bank CEO's too. Mostly Dubliners. How quickly we forget.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭Arathorn

Attacked the home with children inside ? they make it sound like it was shot at or petrol bombed. Someone threw some eggs at the house, big deal.

A guy threw eggs at Anglo Irish a few weeks ago and nobody was reporting Man "attacks" Anglo, in fact the media were making a joke of it.

She should try living in Moyross in Limerick and then they would know what an attack on your home is really like.

Brian Lenihan Snr.

The Lenihan tape

The issue of Lenihan's trustworthiness became the central issue of the second half of the presidential campaign.

In January 1982, Taoiseach Garret FitzGerald had asked President Patrick Hillery, a former government colleague of Lenihan's, to dissolve the Dáil, a request which Hillery granted.[14] If Hillery had refused a dissolution, Charles Haughey could have formed an alternative government and strengthened his own embattled position as leader of Fianna Fáil. Subsequently, it was reported in books by authors Stephen O'Byrnes and Raymond Smith, and by many political journalists in newspaper articles (some of whom had Lenihan as their source) that Lenihan had been one of the people who had made phone calls to Áras an Uachtaráin, the President's official residence, on the night in question, in order to persuade or pressurise Hillery to refuse a dissolution. Lenihan himself never denied his involvement in the incident. Indeed, in May 1990 he confirmed his participation in an on the record interview with a postgraduate student and journalist, Jim Duffy. In September 1990, The Irish Times carried a series of articles on the presidency, one of which mentioned in passing the role of Lenihan, Sylvester Barret and Charles Haughey in making the calls. The article in question was sourced from Duffy's interview.

In October 1990, in the midst of the presidential election, Lenihan suddenly changed his story. In an interview in the Irish Press and on RTÉ's Questions and Answers programme, he insisted that he had had "no hand, act or part" in efforts to pressurise President Hillery. The Irish Times, which was aware that Lenihan himself was Duffy's source for the original article claim, published, with Duffy's agreement, a newspaper story confirming that Lenihan had indeed made the controversial phone calls to the Áras. When Lenihan's campaign manager, Bertie Ahern, named Duffy on radio as someone who had interviewed Lenihan back in May, a political storm erupted in which the journalist was put under siege by the media and Fianna Fáil, leading to his reluctant decision, after consulting with lawyers, to release the portion of the tape in which Lenihan talked about the events of January 1982.

I remember wearing a t-shirt when he was running to be president that said - phone calls - what phone calls ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

There's a thread on a house getting egged? FFS, slow news day?
    A pity they didn't have the good sense to rap the door and egg her instead...that might have been worth the vitriol of the nation...as it stands now some poor sap needs to get the pressure washer out tomorrow morning...f*ckin' hell, time to declare martial law...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭marcsignal

fetid pig-ignorant bogger dynasty - Like it

thanks MrJetlag:) , going to include that one in my speech, come the putsch ;)
    I cant wait to nail those bastards in the next election.

oooooh yes, me too my friend, me too :pac:

possibly...... it's just every time i think FF i think, biffo, mary o rourke, lenihan, o donoghue, Flynn and beverly (class act), i guess it just rolled of the tongue while i was foaming at the mouth there :D

Advertisement