Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Regular commute from Tallaght to Sandyford LUAS

Options
  • 12-07-2009 3:40pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 249 ✭✭

Hi guys,

Recently moved over from the UK and am looking at some houses in Tallaght - I would need to get to and from Sandyford LUAS rather easily though on a daily basis - can anyone advise any known options with regards to this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭peter1892

The 75 bus goes from Tallaght to Dun Laoghaire & will leave you at Dundrum LUAS station. It is a long journey, possibly an hour, I don't know for sure. You could drive from Tallaght to Sandyford via the M50.

Is Sandyford your final destination? You might be better off looking at houses in areas such as Dundrum or Ballinteer which would be more convenient.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 249 ✭✭DA365

Hi Peter,

My final destination will be Cherrywood - which has free shuttle buses going to and from it all day from the Sandyford LUAS.

I really want to rent in Dundrum/Sandyford area but its becoming very difficult to find a furnished 3 bedroom house with a garden for the kids that will allow me dalmatian.

Out Tallaght way - it seems landlords are a lot more accomodating.

OK - well if you've got a car you should be able to make it from Tallaght to Cherrywood via the M50 in about 30 minutes (leaving Tallaght around 9 am). It might take a little longer if you were leaving earlier.

The 75 to Dundrum will leave you on the LUAS green line so that will take you to the shuttle bus. That particular service can be unreliable though, I know a lot of people who were using it & often complained about it.

I did that commute myself for about a year & driving is really the only option.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭KC61

peter1892 wrote: »
    OK - well if you've got a car you should be able to make it from Tallaght to Cherrywood via the M50 in about 30 minutes (leaving Tallaght around 9 am). It might take a little longer if you were leaving earlier.

The 75 to Dundrum will leave you on the LUAS green line so that will take you to the shuttle bus. That particular service can be unreliable though, I know a lot of people who were using it & often complained about it.

For about the umpteenth time on boards.ie I find myself pointing out that since the new timetable was introduced on the 75 in April 2008, the service has dramatically improved in terms of reliability, and that this old chestnut of the route being unreliable can well and truly be cast onto the fire.

The 75 will leave you (in the morning peak) to near Sandyford LUAS stop, taking about 50-60 minutes from its terminus in the Square shopping centre in Tallaght.

KC61 wrote: »
    For about the umpteenth time on boards.ie I find myself pointing out that since the new timetable was introduced on the 75 in April 2008, the service has dramatically improved in terms of reliability, and that this old chestnut of the route being unreliable can well and truly be cast onto the fire.

The 75 will leave you (in the morning peak) to near Sandyford LUAS stop, taking about 50-60 minutes from its terminus in the Square shopping centre in Tallaght.

I'm referring to the shuttle from Sandyford to Cherrywood, not the 75...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

peter1892 wrote: »

Maybe I'm being obtuse but, if one had a car why not drive the extra few mins to Cherrywood rather than, look for parking, pay for parking and pay LUAS fares?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭trad

Most companies in Cherrywood have staff shuttle buses that runs from Shankill Dart station to Cherrywood, so look at Luas to Connolly, Dart to Shankill and shuttle (5mins) to Cherrywood.

Much handier than trying to find the missing link (Line A to Line B)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 842 ✭✭✭dereko1969

how about looking in shankill or ballybrack for houses to rent? might make for an easier commute.

trad wrote: »
    Most companies in Cherrywood have staff shuttle buses that runs from Shankill Dart station to Cherrywood, so look at Luas to Connolly, Dart to Shankill and shuttle (5mins) to Cherrywood.

Much handier than trying to find the missing link (Line A to Line B)

I would think that the 75 / 145 bus option would be faster than that!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 soufi

hi i have got a similar problem.. i start working in cherrywood today (night shift) and am looking for a 3 bedroom house to rent, the prices in tallaght are 300 euros less than near cherrywood but i cannot find a decent connection between both parts of town, i do not have a car so i would need to take the bus, luas or dart, does anyone know the connections for that?

• Advertisement

75 bus from Tallaght to Stillorgan, and 145 to Cherrywood.

Journey time approximately:
    75 - 60 mins
    145 - 15 mins

thanks, i rather have like 90mins one way to work 4 days a week than spend that much for a house..it's unbelievable how expensive that area is...
    so thanks a lot

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Tadhg17

Have you looked into houses in Churchtown or Ballinteer? Both areas are near Dundrum and the green luas line. You could cycle or walk to the Dundrum Luas or get the 14/14A bus to Dundrum luas station. Accomodation in these areas would be cheaper than Dundrum too.

thanks but cheapest 3 bedroom house/app is 1300 and in 1150.. thats still like 200 to 300 more than in tallaght..which just adds up to a lot during just one year

there are some affordable houses in dublin 8 would that be closer to cherrywood?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,813 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

loughlinstown, cabinteely, bray, shankill - these areas are all with easy reach of Cherrywood. If I was working there I certainly wouldn't want to be commuting from Tallaght.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,308 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Tallaght to Cherrywood is utter daftness.

What you save on rent will be spent on travel and time wasted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Benny_Cake

Did you look at Bray or Greystones?You could get the DART to Shankill and the shuttle to Cherrywood.I certainly wouldn't want to be commuting from Tallaght unless it was by car.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,308 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Benny_Cake wrote: »
    Did you look at Bray or Greystones?You could get the DART to Shankill and the shuttle to Cherrywood.
    Or get the 145 bus. :)

Advertisement