Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ring Road Speed Limit

Options
  • 12-07-2009 3:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭

Does anyone know what the 50 kph speed limit is about at the new bridge?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

No and its really irritating! I was behind the cops on it and they weren't obeying it, so I followed suit. In fact the only people I've seen obeying it are driving school cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Loveless

AFAIK Gardaí don't have to obey the speed limit on any roads if they're on official business.

There was a checkpoint setup on the bridge there at midnight on Sunday.

• Subscribers Posts: 4,419 ✭✭✭PhilipMarlowe

Hopefully it's just ahead of them carrying out adjustments to the roundabout on that section... temporary until the work is completed. If not it's more ridiculousness.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

That's well and good, but even if that is the case, why the hell is the new limit there before any work commences on that part of the road?

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭gunner11

nothing surprises me when it comes to road signs in this country.

is there really a need for it anyhows? u'd expect people to have enuff cop-on to know when to slow down if u see construction bollards on the road or am i wrong (oh i forgot - girl drivers!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

gunner11 wrote: »
    u'd expect people to have enuff cop-on to know when to slow down if u see construction bollards on the road or am i wrong (oh i forgot - girl drivers!)

yeah it's all them female drivers racing on the ring road in their little girl racer cars :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

gunner11 wrote: »
    nothing surprises me when it comes to road signs in this country.

is there really a need for it anyhows? u'd expect people to have enuff cop-on to know when to slow down if u see construction bollards on the road or am i wrong (oh i forgot - girl drivers!)

Vast majority of motorists and common sense do not go together in Ireland, most people don't know how to indicate correctly when changing lanes for gods sake..how do you expect them to have enough cop on not to go 100km around building work

I understand the reduced limit at the roadworks (btw how long does it take the council to clear the ditch, level it and build a path???) but the limit on Ossory bridge is completely ridiculous. If there was roadworks there, fine, but why have a reduced limit, when the works at Loughboy are no where near finished.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

I've not been home in a few weeks, so not been on that road. Are the speed limit signs proper permanent ones or those orange temporary signs ?

They're permanent ones. The ones along Ossory bridge are in a very strange place too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18 eire_kp61

50 kph 60kph 100kph signs randomly planted all over the ring road lately ,

changing from a 50kph speed limit to a 100kph right before a roundabout too :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭jiggajt

I love the way out on the new M9 you have a huge earthworks contractor building one of the most ambitious infrastructural undertakings in the history of the state building a huge ammount of high quality motorway every day and then 4 miles away you have Packie from the council standing around with ten of his buddies from the council breast feeding a shovel standing around a big hole in a vain attempt to build a bloody footpath while his other buddy splashes 50km/hr roadsigns wherever the hell he feels like it. And the biggest killer of all is these lads are probably getting paid more than the afforementioned contractors. You have to love the council! :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,402 ✭✭✭✭road_high

jiggajt wrote: »
    I love the way out on the new M9 you have a huge earthworks contractor building one of the most ambitious infrastructural undertakings in the history of the state building a huge ammount of high quality motorway every day and then 4 miles away you have Packie from the council standing around with ten of his buddies from the council breast feeding a shovel standing around a big hole in a vain attempt to build a bloody footpath while his other buddy splashes 50km/hr roadsigns wherever the hell he feels like it. And the biggest killer of all is these lads are probably getting paid more than the afforementioned contractors. You have to love the council! :confused:

I think it's private sector vs public really. I hate anything Kilkenny coco is involved in, particularly to do with planning. Seems to go on forever and ever. Same with any public works.

Advertisement