Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sticking a tailpad back on

Options
  • 12-07-2009 2:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭

Is this possible? Only one part of my tailpad came off and I don't want to have to buy another one.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭loctite

I've never seen pieces of tail pads for sale....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 TheP

Clean off the old tail pad from grit & sand (don't wet it), then sand the "sticky" side of it. Make sure your board & tailpad are dry. Apply Evostick to both surfaces, wait until touch dry and then position the tailpad in the right location. This should do the trick for you.

Cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭Shane_C

loctite wrote: »
    I've never seen pieces of tail pads for sale....

I still have the old piece, they float :)
    TheP wrote: »
    Clean off the old tail pad from grit & sand (don't wet it), then sand the "sticky" side of it. Make sure your board & tailpad are dry. Apply Evostick to both surfaces, wait until touch dry and then position the tailpad in the right location. This should do the trick for you.

Cheers.

Cheers, will give it a shot

Oh yeah, just remembered. Any idea on how to get the old glue off? It's still sticky.
    I reckon something acidic but I'm not sure

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭yank_in_eire

Try Goo Gone or some other brand of label remover to get rid of the glue. You can get it in most office-supply stores and probably B&Q. Smells like oranges.

To glue the pad back on try E6000. It will glue just about anything to just about anything else permanently - just make sure you give it at least 24 hours to cure completely. Stinks like hell but forms a very strong bond.

• Advertisement

Cheers mate

Advertisement