Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Hills

Options
  • 12-07-2009 6:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭

Hey People :D

I Know There's Prob Already A Threat Out There About The 'Reality' Programme 'The Hill's But I Cant Find Any :confused:

Well Any Way I Just Started Watching ''The Hills'' Im Currently On Season 1 Ep 6!, And Have To Say I Love It! Never Really Watched It On MTV So Decided I Catch Up On The Net ( Thank God For Uploads)

So Just Wonderin What Ya'll Thought Of The Hills?
    Do U Think Its Really A Reality Show Or Is It Scripted??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

I wouldn't say scripted but it is certainly set up. The camera work is that of a drama series, and it real comes across as a Soap Opera.

Not my kind of show but these shows aren't real but they also aren't scripted, I would say they are set up. The producers put the "characters/stars" into certain situations, and film them in those situations (they may also make sure that the characters are given certain options as to what they should or should not do, and they make sure that there is some kind of obstacle put into the story).

they are very contrived, which makes it less real than most dramas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 869 ✭✭✭The Hustler

Spencer is a mong

Audrina is an absolute ROIDE

that is all

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

I wasn't a fan of this show but I've seen a few episodes here and there and think it's highly contrieved and quite possibly scripted.Proof of this came when in a recent talk show interview Lauren (the main star?) was speaking about a scene in the last episode.
    It was the scene where Spencer called her and apologised to her for his part in the sex tape scandal declaring "I've never been so sorry in all my life for anything".
    The scene was shared between Spencer talking on his phone and Lauren listening on her phone at work. Lauren appeared to be dumb founded by what was being said and made little reply other than "uh huh". Well surprise surprise, according to Lauren she was not on the other end of phone for that conversation at all and shots of her used in the scene were random shots from months before. So in reailty she recieved no apology at all. She said that setups like that made her decide to quit the show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭lou91

chilly wrote: »
    I wasn't a fan of this show but I've seen a few episodes here and there and think it's highly contrieved and quite possibly scripted.Proof of this came when in a recent talk show interview Lauren (the main star?) was speaking about a scene in the last episode.
    It was the scene where Spencer called her and apologised to her for his part in the sex tape scandal declaring "I've never been so sorry in all my life for anything".
    The scene was shared between Spencer talking on his phone and Lauren listening on her phone at work. Lauren appeared to be dumb founded by what was being said and made little reply other than "uh huh". Well surprise surprise, according to Lauren she was not on the other end of phone for that conversation at all and shots of her used in the scene were random shots from months before. So in reailty she recieved no apology at all. She said that setups like that made her decide to quit the show.

Ha, yeah, that was pretty funny.
    Also, it went on hiatus during the writers' strike...
    To be honest though, does it really matter?
    Knowing that it's fake doens't really change anything

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭discostick12

Yeah I Read That Myself On Perez Hilton Lol!!

Yeah Even If It Is Fake Is Still Great Entertainment!
    Wish My Life Was Like That NOT:D

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

why is this in reality tv?

Jazzy wrote: »
    why is this in reality tv?

Because the OP asked
    Do U Think Its Really A Reality Show Or Is It Scripted??

Elmo wrote: »
    Because the OP asked

gotcha. i should learn to read

but no, the hills is another one of those IQ sucking programmes. i really cant understand how somebody would actually sit down and watch it and think "that was good"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭JordanDC

I really like it, reminds me of being back in LA :) Im on Season 2 at the moment and its really growing on me, although its strange how the guys dont seem to work yet still have Range Rovers and BMWs....

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Why do you start every word with a capital letter?!

• Advertisement

kmart6 wrote: »
    Why do you start every word with a capital letter?!

Why Not? Why Is It Bothering You?

It Is Quite Difficult To Type The First Letter Of Every Word With Capitals.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

No it's just ignorant,just like typing in capitals!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Acacia

I'm not sure. I think the characters are 'real', have the same jobs that they do in the show and all that, but I would say a lot of it is set up, or partly scripted.

Then again, Audrina was introducing the Top Ten episodes on MTV, and she was reading off a script. But she sounded totally flat and monotone, so I don't know how well she could act! Which makes me think it's real.

Bah, we'll never know for sure! :p

Just waiting for someone to stride in on their high horses proclaiming how dumb the show is and how we're bimbos for watching it...:rolleyes: Nothing wrong with escapism , even if it is a kinda stupid show. :D

but... the hills is retarded

• Registered Users Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

I love The Hills, however I know it's a bit of a setup, especially with the incident that chilly mentions in her post in this thread. I'll miss Lauren now that she's not on it.

Heidi apparantly doesn't have a real job at Bolthouse either, I've heard that loads. Can't stand Spencer, he's a twat. Speidi have finally sort of dropped off the paparazzi radar since E! news aren't giving them any airtime, woohoo. I'd gotten fed up of seeing stupid photos of them kissing in supermarkets and the like, posing for the paps.

its all scripted and set up.
    this thread shouldnt be in reality tv

• Closed Accounts Posts: 697 ✭✭✭chocgirl

Agree that it's scripted but I still love it, mainly watch it to look at their clothes and dream, have watched it with no sound before. I think it's really going to suffer when Lauren goes though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭Omnomnom

Its a load of dribble.

Plus it can't really be classed as reality as its obviously scripted. How can they get so many camera angles without doing multiple takes? PSSSSHH

• Closed Accounts Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Daragh101

JordanDC wrote: »
    I really like it, reminds me of being back in LA :) Im on Season 2 at the moment and its really growing on me, although its strange how the guys dont seem to work yet still have Range Rovers and BMWs....

because the hills is there job?? am i wrong??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 697 ✭✭✭chocgirl

Daragh101 wrote: »
    because the hills is there job?? am i wrong??

Yeah they don't need to work. Think some of the jobs in it are for camera as well.

• Advertisement

yeah like what company wouldnt want that kind of publicity!

Lauren used to get paid $75k per episode up until she left. Speidi get $65k between them I think.

how long does it take 2 do an episode though!?

Not that long I don't think. I usually see photos of them out and about in LA when they are filming and then the show airs a few months later and I can recognise the scenes in the tv series from the pics I'd seen a few months previously. I dunno, maybe a few months to shoot a season?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭Fink Goddie

Jazzy wrote: »
    its all scripted and set up.
    this thread shouldnt be in reality tv

Yeh i agree, next we'll have coronation street in here!

Yeh i agree, next we'll have coronation street in here!

The OP did ask weather or not it was reality, hence the reason it is in the reality forum.

Elmo wrote: »
    The OP did ask weather or not it was reality, hence the reason it is in the reality forum.

Yeh but the moderator for the forum shouldnt have let it in because its clearly not reality. its just another soap

well its not a soap...a lot of it may be scripted but the general story line is true...and anyway why does it bother you so much!!?

Daragh101 wrote: »
    well its not a soap...a lot of it may be scripted but the general story line is true...and anyway why does it bother you so much!!?

Well reality tv is not scripted, neither do they do lots of takes, like they do in the hills.
    How can the general story line be true if its scripted, come on its fake.

• Advertisement

Well reality tv is not scripted, neither do they do lots of takes, like they do in the hills.
    How can the general story line be true if its scripted, come on its fake.

Then it should be in soap opera :)

Advertisement