Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jewish Nut Jobs

Options
  • 12-07-2009 4:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭

Hundreds of ultra-orthodox Jews have clashed with police in Jerusalem for a third consecutive Saturday over a car park which opens on the Sabbath.
    Police said the protesters, wearing traditional Hassidic clothing, threw stones and jumped in front of vehicles.
    The Sabbath is observed by religious Jews as a day of rest, when working, driving and trading are forbidden.
    The protesters say the municipal car park will attract tourists and encourage business on the holy day.
    Protesters, praying and chanting "Shabbes" - the Yiddish word for Sabbath - gathered at a police cordon at the entrance to the car park, near Jerusalem's Old City.
    Some lay in the road to prevent cars from entering.
    "Hundreds of ultra-orthodox tried to overrun police barricades and threw stones at our men in several sectors of Jerusalem," police spokesman Schmuel Ben Rubi, told the AFP news agency .
    He said there had been no injuries or arrests so far.
    However, television footage showed people in religious clothing being moved by police or put into police cars.
    One man who had crawled underneath the wheels of a stationary bus was reported to have been taken away by police.
    There were also clashes in the nearby ultra-orthodox neighbourhood of Mea Shearim, where police had been deployed.
    The car park was opened by the Jerusalem municipality last month to provide extra facilities for visitors to the city.
    But the protesters are angry at what they see as a move which will "profane" the Sabbath.
    The row has highlighted tensions between Jerusalem's ultra-orthodox Jews, known as Haredim, and the majority secular population.

And they call the Muslim's Loons!!!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Mike... wrote: »

http://www.rte.ie/news/2009/0710/limerick.html

And they call Jew's Nut Jobs!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

10 CC where Jewish

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭An Fear Aniar

10 CC where Jewish

That sentence makes no sense. Sometimes I think I'm "loosing" my ability to read anymore.

In other news, Reporter feels mob's hate in the Holy City

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

"While we do not wish in any way to detract from devotion to Our Lady, we would also wish to avoid anything which might lead to superstition,' said Fr Paul Finnerty."

Is one of the best quotes a man can say about a religion, beleiving in a "higher being" says this is supersticious??? Seriously?

Is one of the best quotes a man can say about a religion, beleiving in a "higher being" says this is supersticious??? Seriously?

I believe in there's a God, that runs everything, but I'm not religious. So, where do I fit in?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭Martyr

I believe in there's a God, that runs everything, but I'm not religious. So, where do I fit in?

theist?

who cares anyway, every animal, plant or man turns into compost.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭shenanigans1982

Well nothing's been blown up yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭Martyr

God said "you are no longer of any use, man has discovered the truth" and the Devil said "I am needed more than ever, I will help them organise it" ;)

Martyr wrote: »
    God said "you are no longer of any use, man has discovered the truth" and the Devil said "I am needed more than ever, I will help them organise it" ;)

Indeed Sir, how right you are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

How the hell would I know?
    Martyr wrote: »

Huh?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

That sentence makes no sense. Sometimes I think I'm "loosing" my ability to read anymore.

That because you are, welcome to mind World..:pac:...

• Registered Users Posts: 82,253 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

normally id frown on such a low brow thread but blasphemy being what it is these days..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

go on the jews! bout time there was a bit of rowdyness. seinfeld paints such a pleasant picture. mein <3 das seinfeld!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

There is nothing nutty about this at all its in the quote

"The Sabbath is observed by religious Jews as a day of rest, when working, driving and trading are forbidden"

Every religion has its own the Catholic religion has the same. No meat good Friday/Ash wednesday.

Maybe its just that boards is a place where to be spiritually dedicated is nuts or maybe its just so many people lack any type of faith these days that they see the need to be so critical of others.

I would have thought this thread better worded

Israelies are no better than the rest of the world in there observence of holy days But then again muslins, hindus and buddahs do actually practice what the preach

Granted the 12 virgins are a bit hopefull in a country where more boys than girls are encouraged but that is faith!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,861 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

So opening a car park on the Sabbath is forbidden, but rioting is ok? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭Pop's Diner

Well it is their rules. See...
    Walter Sobchak: I told those ****s down at the league office a thousand times that I don't roll on Shabbos!
    Donny: What's Shabbos?
    Walter Sobchak: Saturday, Donny, is Shabbos, the Jewish day of rest. That means that I don't work, I don't get in a car, I don't ****ing ride in a car, I don't pick up the phone, I don't turn on the oven, and I sure as ****
    [shouts]
    Walter Sobchak: don't ****ing roll! Shomer shabbos!
    The Dude: Walter...
    Walter Sobchak: Shomer ****ing shabbos!

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Zebra3 wrote: »
    So opening a car park on the Sabbath is forbidden, but rioting is ok? :confused:

hahaha....... brilliant :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

You're seriously trying to find sanity in a conflict between two religions ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Is protesting/rioting not 'work'?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Captain-America

I question how a car park will attract tourists. Surely people go to Jerusalem for a nice old pray.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

There is nothing nutty about this at all its in the quote

"The Sabbath is observed by religious Jews as a day of rest, when working, driving and trading are forbidden"

Do you know what would be funny . . .

having a . . . a . . . a . . . Holocaust memorial on the Sabbath, in the middle of no where with no buses or trains accessing the place and obligatory manual labor required to participate

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

How come they arent protesting against the police working? If they got rid of them they could riot to their hearts content,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Captain-America

Technically rioting is working isn't it?

Or is it only working for money?

Can I do volunteer work on the Sabbath?

I must research this.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Do you know what would be funny . . .

having a . . . a . . . a . . . Holocaust memorial on the Sabbath, in the middle of no where with no buses or trains accessing the place and obligatory manual labor required to participate

They do its called meditating!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Wreck

Religion lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

its hardly a fúckin day of rest if they're out rioting and jumping on cars now, is it . . .:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭Calibos

weemcd wrote: »
    its hardly a fúckin day of rest if they're out rioting and jumping on cars now, is it . . .:rolleyes:

One would have thought they would have realised the catch 22 they were in. "Carpark open on the Shabba? Blasphemy!! Lets Riot!! Riot on the Shabba??........Oi Vey!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭marcsignal

Zebra3 wrote: »

And killing women and children in gaza, apparently..... :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

10 CC where Jewish

Oh, to be young and inocent again. :D

Only the youth would not know 10CC.

An Fear Aniar, you must respect the wisdom of your elders. :P

Advertisement