Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

16 yo guy looking for MMA in South Dublin

Options
  • 12-07-2009 1:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

I'm 16 years old, 85kg, 5"10ish(incase your wondering I'm not fat:D) and looking to start MMA.

I've done a good bit of Judo and BJJ, so I hopefully wont be totally out of my depth, but I cant find anywer to train in South Dublin!
    Does anyone know of somewhere I would be able to train?? If not, I'm also looking for places i could do pure Muay Thai or Kickboxing!

Thanks in advanced

Richie

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Clive

South Dublin is a big place, any area in particular or are you willing to travel a bit?

Straight Blast Gym and Next Generation are the first two that spring to mind, on the Long Mile Road and Loughlinstown respectively.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 RichieLYNCH

I live on the Stillorgan dual carriageway, just at the UCD bridge, near Rte? But i can travel if i need to!:P

Well there is an MMA club in UCD, most likely it's only open to students officially, but often these things can be worked around. :D

Here's the two best known places in South Dublin:

Next Generation

Straight Blast Gym

Ah thats annoying!

Thanks I'll look into them tomorrow!:D Straight Blast looks good! thanks a mil for your help! do u do mma?

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭Treora

I'm 16 years old, 85kg, 5"10ish(incase your wondering I'm not fat:D) and looking to start MMA.

I've done a good bit of Judo and BJJ, so I hopefully wont be totally out of my depth, but I cant find anywer to train in South Dublin!
    Does anyone know of somewhere I would be able to train?? If not, I'm also looking for places i could do pure Muay Thai or Kickboxing!

Thanks in advanced

Richie

*snip*

• Advertisement

Yes, I train at Straight Blast Gym myself - I should mention that it's closed until Monday 20th. We're getting a second floor put so that we can have striking upstairs (http://www.chupasart.com/) and grappling downstairs at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭Furious-Dave

Richie, Next Generation is straight out the N11 on the 145 and then a short walk. Very easy for you to get too.

Treora wrote: »
    *snip*
    ?:S

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

They probably said something wrong, and Colm edited it out :) Don't worry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

?:S
    dlofnep wrote: »
    They probably said something wrong, and Colm edited it out :) Don't worry.

You were reported for discussing THESE PEOPLE.

No biggie really, but you should read the forum's charter to avoid confusion the next time.

And welcome to the board.

• Advertisement
Advertisement