Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cinema drinks

Options
  • 11-07-2009 11:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭

Anyone ever have that large coke collapse in your hand as you try to take a sup. Leaving you to walk to the toilets in shame to try and dry your pants under the hand dryer. Well it happened to me.
    To make it even worse it spilled nowhere except on my trousers giving the illusion that i pissed myself.
    Ill bring a bottle next time.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Random

That's why you should get a medium. A fine art perfected over the years :)

Substitute your further need for sugar with a massive bag of pick + mix that you can't possibly hope to finish but gives you a massive selection.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

Yeah nice story pissy pants, not buying it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭karlog

Yeah nice story pissy pants, not buying it

Ok i admit it i didn't want to miss any of the film and thought i could hold it to the end. but i was wrong so very very wrong. Dam tranformers 2 why did it have to be so fcking long!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Random

Dam tranformers 2 why did it have to be so fcking long!!!!

Why did they make her so dam attractive? I lost it at the motorbike scene :(

• Registered Users Posts: 33,241 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Bottle or can of beer. When you're finished, you have an empty receptical to pee into.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

I fcuking love cinema drinks, the coke is so much nicer than the bottled/canned stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Captain-America

Brought a bottle of Fanta to the cinema tonight. I thought it was a good idea, y'know, saving money, beating the recession and all that. I was well chuffed. I even bought a packet of Smarties to accompany it. Into the cinema I go, watch the previews. I am quite happy.
    Foolishly, I place my bottle of unopened Fanta on the floor, only to have it fall just as the movie begins. Now, what with bottles being horribly designed, it rolled at least seven rows in front of me, out onto the floor right next to the screen. Of course, I didn't know this until after as I couldn't very well get up and ruin the movie for everyone by looking for my Fanta. Of course, I couldn't enjoy the movie at all then. I nearly choked on one of my smarties, couldn't take a drink to wash it down. Needless to say, a letter has been written to both Fanta and the cinema, requesting non rolling bottles and perhaps maybe some sort of anti rolling thing like a wall between the seats, so this won't happen again.

I am raging.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Whiskey Devil

Part of the fun when going to the cinema is paying a tenner for some coke and popcorn. A bottle of Coke and a packet of popcorn is just not as enjoyable. They are not the same.

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭terrytrent

Brought a bottle of Fanta to the cinema tonight. I thought it was a good idea, y'know, saving money, beating the recession and all that. I was well chuffed. I even bought a packet of Smarties to accompany it. Into the cinema I go, watch the previews. I am quite happy.
    Foolishly, I place my bottle of unopened Fanta on the floor, only to have it fall just as the movie begins. Now, what with bottles being horribly designed, it rolled at least seven rows in front of me, out onto the floor right next to the screen. Of course, I didn't know this until after as I couldn't very well get up and ruin the movie for everyone by looking for my Fanta. Of course, I couldn't enjoy the movie at all then. I nearly choked on one of my smarties, couldn't take a drink to wash it down. Needless to say, a letter has been written to both Fanta and the cinema, requesting non rolling bottles and perhaps maybe some sort of anti rolling thing like a wall between the seats, so this won't happen again.

I am raging.

Needless to say, both letter's will be filed under "b" for bin

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

You need a sugary drink to go with your bag of salt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭lolli

God I hate those watered down cinema drinks. Always sneak a bottle in my bag.

Can't beat the good ol salty popcorn though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭karlog

IvySlayer wrote: »
    You need a sugary drink to go with your bag of salt.

I feel adding butter to the popcorn counteracts the salt. The healthy option:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭lolli

karlog wrote: »
    I feel adding butter to the popcorn counteracts the salt. The healthy option:rolleyes:

Totally agree :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

OctavarIan wrote: »
    I fcuking love cinema drinks, the coke is so much nicer than the bottled/canned stuff.

True, can't beat a litre of fountain coke.
    Coke/pepsi guns in a pub is pure muck though.

Cinema coke > can > 0.5litre bottle > 2litre bottle

The nachos and the cheese dip with the peppers make any trip.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

I am raging.

I propose:

|     |-&  <-----Valve
    |     |  
    |     |^^^^---|%   <---- Drink dispenser/filler (rising costs mean more componets may not be used)
    |     |
    *-----* <--------Contains Fanta        

Can I have my money now?
    Kthx bye.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

lolli wrote: »
    God I hate those watered down cinema drinks. Always sneak a bottle in my bag.

Can't beat the good ol salty popcorn though.

It's the ice that waters them down. What you see come out of the tap is syrup and carbonated water giving you your coke mix. Say no to ice!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭robbie_998

Naikon wrote: »
    True, can't beat a litre of fountain coke.
    Coke/pepsi guns in a pub is pure muck though.

Cinema coke > can > 0.5litre bottle > 2litre bottle

The nachos and the cheese dip with the peppers make any trip.

a large drink in the cinema is 1 whole liter !!!!!!

fecking cheese stinks :cool: getting it on your shoes and shirt is a pain in the bollox too !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 StopTheDrugWar!

Part of the fun when going to the cinema is paying a tenner for some coke and popcorn. A bottle of Coke and a packet of popcorn is just not as enjoyable. They are not the same.

:)

Yes, and part of the fun of going out is paying €20 for drinks. A quick naggin on the way in is not enjoyable. It is not the same.

*I'm being sarcastic :D

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Yes, and part of the fun of going out is paying €20 for drinks. A quick naggin on the way in is not enjoyable. It is not the same.

*I'm being sarcastic :D
    Bring the naggin into the cinema. problem solved...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

"I got some popcorn and a drink and now I appear to have no money"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Fr Martin

Your supposed to put the hole in the popcorn box, thats what I do when Im out with my youth group

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭Leprachaun

karlog wrote: »
    Dam tranformers 2 why did it have to be so fcking long!!!!

....and crap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Minstrels and Popcorn are a mighty mix. Enjoy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

I bring my own drink. Baggy trousers for the victory. That said you get 25 cent refills on popcorn and free refills on drinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,136 ✭✭✭ronano

you all need to banned from a cinema

god noobs

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I remember the supersize ones we got in Italy, was like 1.5-2 litres, this thing was ridiculous, and a guy soaked himself in it. Coke noobs

• Registered Users Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Irishpimpdude

I remember pissing my trousers in the cinema too, then throwing a large coke over them at the end of the movie and blamed it on the coke :D

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

I never buy food/drink in the cinema. Prices are just plain extortionate.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I never buy food/drink in the cinema. Prices are just plain extortionate.

Ye it's crazy but people pay. Just pop over to the shop across the way is my plan, we brought in an appletart before haha

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33 StopTheDrugWar!

Bring the naggin into the cinema. problem solved...

I tried that once. I started getting too emotionally engaged with the film :o.

Advertisement