Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mature student applying for grant

Options
  • 11-07-2009 11:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34

Just a question - Im heading back to do a masters as a mature student - I earn well under the limit for the maintenance grant - but I have registered for the college course under my home/parents address - so when I apply for my grant I will have to do it from my parents county's local authority right?

My question is if I apply for the grant saying I live at my parents address - even though I am an independent candidate will the consider my parents income rather than my own?

thanks for your help!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭random.stranger

• Registered Users Posts: 34 dee_f

thanks - been looking at them both - but nothing seems to tell me the answer to that one!

it seems I do have to live out of home - but proof of living away from home is required - does anyone know if car/health insurance qualifies as a utility bill? I rent from an owner occupier - everything goes through his name

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

dee_f wrote: »
    it seems I do have to live out of home - but proof of living away from home is required - does anyone know if car/health insurance qualifies as a utility bill? I rent from an owner occupier - everything goes through his name

Do you have a rent book? or even a mobile phone bill?

nope - car insurance and littlewoods - I think if i get something signed by a peace commissioner it can do - but I'm not sure!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Hacks

The utility bill also has to be dated back in October '08, dont think there are many things that will do for this - its not as easy as a utility bill for say, opening a bank account, this is really strict

Hacks wrote: »
    The utility bill also has to be dated back in October '08, dont think there are many things that will do for this - its not as easy as a utility bill for say, opening a bank account, this is really strict

Your television licence will be accepted. if you bought it before October 09 youstand a good chance of still having it

also, most companies will re-issue bills.

dee_f wrote: »
    nope - car insurance and littlewoods - I think if i get something signed by a peace commissioner it can do - but I'm not sure!

by law you should have either a written lease agreement or a rent book. ask him for one.

Advertisement