Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mock the week

Options
  • 11-07-2009 5:56pm
    Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭

anyone watch this the other night, i think if i was mates with frankie boyle i'd never leave him alone.

Anyone see dara lately? Jesus the lad has lost some weight.

Oh also, dara has a live show on rte tonight at half 10. Should be worth a look.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

frankie boyle is on that show too isnt he? i love mock the week, if they had david mitchell on it, it would be perfect!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭SprostonGreen

I love Mock the Week and am delighted its back. Frankie Boyle great as ever. Check out his MySpace page, he left the Daily Record as they wouldnt publish column featuring Michael Jackson jokes. Glad to see Frank Skinner involved.

Oh and Daire has indeed lost weight and his refernce to it not been Loose Women and he wouldnt discuss it was funny.

ziedth wrote: »
    Oh also, dara has a live show on rte tonight at half 10. Should be worth a look.

This is Live at the Apollo, surely you know of it if you know Mock the Week, both have been on BBC and Dave in the past?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

I didn't see this advertised at all, useless BBC. :P

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

This is Live at the Apollo, surely you know of it if you know Mock the Week, both have been on BBC and Dave in the past?

Ya i know it's mad cause i'm a bit of a telly hound but no never heard of it till last night.

I'd love to see sean lock on the mock the week panel i think him and frankie would be comical. I think andy and to a lesser extent russel are kinda weak at the stand up bits.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Mock The Week was fantastic this week. Brilliant stuff. Didn't know it was back until I saw this thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭BaileysComet

Yeah, luckily happened to catch it near the start. Love this show. Could have done without Frank Skinner though.

Repeated tonight at 23.40

• Registered Users Posts: 45,552 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I thought it was very good and I thought Frank Skinner did well but the crowd didn't seem all that into him. That Russell guy does bug me though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭TheManWho

Russel Howard is my most hated comedian of all those panel shows, he's followed closely by the bald loud guy Andy Parsons who is also on mock the week. If I could replace those two with Sean Lock and Jimmy Carr, that would be the perfect show.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

TheManWho wrote: »
    Russel Howard is my most hated comedian of all those panel shows, he's followed closely by the bald loud guy Andy Parsons who is also on mock the week. If I could replace those two with Sean Lock and Jimmy Carr, that would be the perfect show.

I could not agree more my friend, the only comedian who i thought was worse then andy parsons was dave spikey, if you watch him on 8 out of 10 cats he sets himself up for his own random ass jokes that have nothing todo with the question.

I think russell does OK on the discussion parts but his scenes we'd like to see bits are pretty much always poor.

Sean Lock and Jimmy Carr would be epic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

I always thought Russel Howard was one of the better people to appear on it. An example of **** was last weeks token female.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Russel Howard's contributions consist of a lot of random shouting, he isn't that funny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭elshambo

Mossy Monk wrote: »
    I always thought Russel Howard was one of the better people to appear on it. An example of **** was last weeks token female.

She is a very popular comedian
    I dont rate her myself(as if she'd care)

Her set is basically
    White people racist (laugh)
    Men sexist(women laugh)
    Black people brilliant (laugh)
    Women brilliant (women laugh)

OOOh and raise voice for the punchlines, for timing purposes due to the material not really being strong enough to stand up on its own
    Aidric wrote: »
    Russel Howard's contributions consist of a lot of random shouting, he isn't that funny.

Someone should tell him he is getting a bit old to be shouting poo
    He is getting to the stage where his laughts are girls tittering cause they fancy him:eek::o
    Radio show on BBC6 was good(was double act though)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭BroomBurner

Does anyone remember Frankie Boyle's first joke on MTW?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,552 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Does anyone remember Frankie Boyle's first joke on MTW?

Was it the 50 nights one? Think it was something like "The headstart that Stephen Hawking would be given for the London Marathon". Can't remember it word for word.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭BroomBurner

Cheers Mr. Nice Guy, think that was it.

Advertisement