Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roscommon Paranormal

Options
  • 11-07-2009 3:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭

Hello, I was wondering is there people from Roscommon/Leitrim interested in the Paranormal?

I find it difficult to find people who share this interest like me! It would be cool to investigate areas of paranormal activity.I have done a paranormal investigation at Ross Castle in Meath which went well but cost a few quid to do.

Please reply if you are interested in this thread.

Look forward to hearing from you ;)

Feelio
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Apparently there's supposed to be loads of UFOs flying over Lough Key, as it's apparently a "crossroads" of UFO flight paths.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭feelio

JupiterKid wrote: »
    Apparently there's supposed to be loads of UFOs flying over Lough Key, as it's apparently a "crossroads" of UFO flight paths.:rolleyes:

Cheers kid, i live near lough key forest park but i'm more keen into the paranormal rather that UFO's ;)

• Subscribers Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭girl_friday

There's supposed to be a ghost of a hangwoman in the old Gaol in Roscomon town - Lady Betty iirc... Vaguely remember the story... Is that the kind of thing you want to know about?

There's supposed to be a ghost of a hangwoman in the old Gaol in Roscomon town - Lady Betty iirc... Vaguely remember the story... Is that the kind of thing you want to know about?

thanks friday - will look into that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭redpanda26

A paranormal investigation was done in king house, last year I think, anyway its up on you tube as far as I know and possibly you can find a link to it on the real boyle website.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 angelamac

love all things ghostly, went to Leap, Kinnitty & charlesville castles last year with richard Fellix, great fun but would love to do an all nighter in haunted location :eek:

angelamac wrote: »
    love all things ghostly, went to Leap, Kinnitty & charlesville castles last year with richard Fellix, great fun but would love to do an all nighter in haunted location :eek:

Nice one angelmac, have done ross castle & plas teg in wales, done all nighter in ross castle march this year.

Not easy finding people with similar interests of the paranormal, you from ros?

F

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Betty Myler the President and founder of the Irish UFO society is from Boyle. Heres the website address www.ufosocietyireland.com. Boyle and surrounding areas has been a hotbed for UFO activity for years.

Fry house in Boyle is supposed to be haunted as is King House which was mentioned already.

As you will see on the website the Irish international UFO conference is in King House in Oct. I'll be there again this year

hey feelio, laptop down for a bit sorry! yeah castlerea never thought of doing ros castle might give it a go over halloween.

No worries, you w'ont get halloween at ross castle, booked for the next 3-4 years.

Was at an investigation there recently there, not much happened.

Isn't there a place related with the famine in c/rea saw it on rte there couple months ago?

Feelio

• Advertisement

I think its in Strokestown Park House. I was kilmainham jail over the summer but you had to take the tour could'nt go off on your own it's a fantastic place, even in daylight, whats your take on the whole paranormal tv stuff? i like the TAPS thing, enjoyed when they did Leap Castle don't think they knew what to make of Sean Ryan.

angelamac wrote: »
    I think its in Strokestown Park House. I was kilmainham jail over the summer but you had to take the tour could'nt go off on your own it's a fantastic place, even in daylight, whats your take on the whole paranormal tv stuff? i like the TAPS thing, enjoyed when they did Leap Castle don't think they knew what to make of Sean Ryan.

Sounds cool Kilmainham jail.It's not strokestown house as i'm from there.I'm sure there is one in c/rea?

D'ont watch taps too much but they are good alright.Have been to leap castle during the day, lovely castle, had a few poitins sshhhh :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2 085chainsaw

feelio wrote: »
    Nice one angelmac, have done ross castle & plas teg in wales, done all nighter in ross castle march this year.

Not easy finding people with similar interests of the paranormal, you from ros?

F

feelio i was in ros castle my self 2 years ago and im big into this stuff ive starth getting some equipment and ive had some experiences some that would stand the hairs on the back of youre head

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭irishturkey

If you go through Athleague and pass the Kepak factory on the Creggs road, there's about 4/5 houses, after those there's a right hand turn down a steep hill. Go over a couple of hump back bridges and theres the ruin of a castle of some sort there. Apparently its supposed to be hotbed of activity.

Also, I've heard of strange lights hovering over Athleague on clear nights. Its not like the Northern Lights, its like a beam from a lighthouse but its pointed at the sky and just goes around in circles. Nobody seems to be able to explain it. Shannonside dismissed it as a hoax when they were asked about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 085chainsaw

If you go through Athleague and pass the Kepak factory on the Creggs road, there's about 4/5 houses, after those there's a right hand turn down a steep hill. Go over a couple of hump back bridges and theres the ruin of a castle of some sort there. Apparently its supposed to be hotbed of activity.

Also, I've heard of strange lights hovering over Athleague on clear nights. Its not like the Northern Lights, its like a beam from a lighthouse but its pointed at the sky and just goes around in circles. Nobody seems to be able to explain it. Shannonside dismissed it as a hoax when they were asked about it.

irishturkey thank for the info i know the area and will have a look around there some time this week ive seen some strange things on some of the hunt's ive been on will inform ye how i get on in the week

Check out Roscommon Paranormal on Facebook, share the word if anyone around is interested in this subject.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭tigerblob

I have to take that hump back bridge road home sometimes, I absolutely hate it. The bridges raise the hairs on the back of my neck. I live near the mouth of that road and if I was in Athleague I'd nearly go home through town rather than take that road at night.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭morcheen k

the white horse around errit :eek:

Advertisement