Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pain Killers when pregnant

Options
  • 11-07-2009 1:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭

I'm suffering the last few days with a spliting head aches. :eek: It last all day, rite across my eye brows and just above my nose.

There are so many pro and cons to taking pain killers but I need to do something. I've tried an ice pack and tieing a silk scarf around my head but they only work for a few mins.

Can anyone recommend something?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭~me~

you can take paraceatamol, it wont harm the baby, just make sure to ring your midwife/gp first. they may make you feel a bit silly for asking but its best to be safe!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 j2009

Recent research suggests that you might want to avoid aspirin. You can read an article about it here http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/3741693.stm

There is nothing I can recommend you take, but you should look at your diet. Foods containing high amounts of tyramine, such as spinach, red wine, mature cheeses and mature foods in general are known to cause headaches in certain individuals, especially those that get migraines.

If it continues you really should get some qualified medical advice as there's no knowing what's really causing it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭b3t4

Your local pharmacist would be the best person to call on particularly at the weekend.

They're well versed on medication.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭gogo

Headaches are very common during pregnancy even if you never really suffered before. The blue parcematol are safe to take, it even says so on their packaging, just the blue one's tho not the fast acting ones.

Like everything tho if your nervous check with your gp.

Heres a link to the mayo clinic re headaches, it good advice.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/headaches-during-pregnancy/AN01870

HTH

Advertisement