Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Offers from CAO when LC sat before

Options
  • 11-07-2009 12:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Does anyone know when offers would be out for someone who sat their Leaving Cert a number of years ago but is not applying as a mature student and is just using their points from that sitting?

Is it the same day as everyone else (i.e. the youngsters)?

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Yeah, you're in competition for places with this year's leaving cert students so you'll receive any offers at the same time as them, starting from round one on August 17th.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

What are ya going for Pythia? Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

It's actually not me but thanks! I'm just wondering because the CAO Handbook says this:
    Round Zero In early August there may be an issue of a small number of offers of places which go to certain categories of applicant who are not awaiting 2009 examination results or who are assessed on other criteria, e.g. graduate entry medicine applicants, mature applicants.

and since they aren't waiting for 2009 exam results, I thought perhaps the offer may be made earlier.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Pythia wrote: »
    and since they aren't waiting for 2009 exam results, I thought perhaps the offer may be made earlier.
    They still have to wait for the 2009 LC results to come out. They can't start allocating places on the basis of points until everyone's results are available.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

They still have to wait for the 2009 LC results to come out. They can't start allocating places on the basis of points until everyone's results are available.

Ok, then the handbook is a bit misleading!

• Advertisement
Advertisement