Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I need your help with Pro Evo & FIFA

Options
  • 11-07-2009 12:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭

Ok so I'm looking into starting up offline gaming leagues. Pro Evo and FIFA are obviously a good shout. But there's so much divide between them. Be it the games themselves or the consoles to play them on. And we don't want to have to administrate too many different leagues.

So we came up with this idea for a league to get as many different players involved as possible;

We've got PS3's, Xbox 360's, and the latest FIFA's and Pro Evo's on both platforms. But we could go with an older version of Pro Evo. Maybe 5 or 6 if people wanted to. Because I think those were the best versions of the game.

In the league you play your home game on the game and platform of your choice. So if you're a FIFA on PS3 person, you play on that against your opponent for your home game. If your opponent is Pro Evo on Xbox, you play on that for your opponents home game.

I think it gives the league a good balance and can open up players to both games, rather than siding with one.

It's all a work in progress now. Throw in your ideas.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭NeoKubrick

Obviously, I would prefer a separate league for PES and for FIFA. What is the prize structure for the league?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭koHd

NeoKubrick wrote: »
    Obviously, I would prefer a separate league for PES and for FIFA. What is the prize structure for the league?

We won't be announcing the structure for the league or prizes until everything is final.

But I can say the prize fund is quite big and the league will run for several months.

koHd wrote: »
    We won't be announcing the structure for the league or prizes until everything is final.

But I can say the prize fund is quite big and the league will run for several months.

Okay, the only problem I see with the format is whether the weight of one goal in PES is equal to one in FIFA, if you're to decide the result on an aggregate score of the two matches.

I'm actually taking a liking to the idea, though. It's not bad. I just hope the contingent of FIFA players and PES players here support the event.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Okay, the only problem I see with the format is whether the weight of one goal in PES is equal to one in FIFA, if you're to decide the result on an aggregate score of the two matches.

I'm actually taking a liking to the idea, though. It's not bad. I just hope the contingent of FIFA players and PES players here support the event.

I suppose goals are equal in each as you do play a 'home' and 'away' fixture (edit - doesn't seem like a cup so the aggregate result wouldn't really matter - a win is a win). It's an interesting concept and the break down allows for a bigger support. A lot of players do play / have played both series. And at least in this format, people who can't play with a different pad (which I don't quite get...) still have a good chance.

🤪

Sabre0001 wrote: »
    I suppose goals are equal in each as you do play a 'home' and 'away' fixture (edit - doesn't seem like a cup so the aggregate result wouldn't really matter - a win is a win). It's an interesting concept and the break down allows for a bigger support. A lot of players do play / have played both series. And at least in this format, people who can't play with a different pad (which I don't quite get...) still have a good chance.
    Oh, I thought that the two games would add up to one fixture. Still, someone will have to decide what weight is given each games' goals, because it could be easier to score in PES than it is in FIFA, or vice-versa.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Oh, I thought that the two games would add up to one fixture. Still, someone will have to decide what weight is given each games' goals, because it could be easier to score in PES than it is in FIFA, and vice-versa.

Well I suppose that could be a matter of perspective :) If you're a FIFA player, it could be very easy for you in FIFA whereas other people may find Pro Evo ridiculously easy. If you add weight to goals, the whole 'home' and 'away' concept could be a little trickier. That's just my $0.02 though.

🤪

Sabre0001 wrote: »
    Well I suppose that could be a matter of perspective :) If you're a FIFA player, it could be very easy for you in FIFA whereas other people may find Pro Evo ridiculously easy. If you add weight to goals, the whole 'home' and 'away' concept could be a little trickier. That's just my $0.02 though.

There always be a limit of how many goals even the world's best can score within a ten minute game for each game. Now, if we only had two of the world's best for both games to figure it out, we'd be getting somewhere. :p

Yep, if it's simpler and it's usual best to keep things simple starting out (ironic, considering by standards this is a complex venture), it should be 1:1, but it's just something to investigate and eliminate as an exploit in the league.

it will be a league set up so no aggregate. A win will be a win and goals are valued 1:1 in the goal difference chart. I've played both games extensively on the hardest levels. And if you master the game both are easy enough to score in. Depending on your opponent and their formation of course.

But yes, goals are equally valued on both games and a win is a win. I do understand some people will be apprehensive about this because they probably just play one of the games. But as I said in the fighting game forum, this is to get things started for season 1. Splitting each game into a different league means more admin work and prize funds being split. Which for season 1 would probably kill the idea off completely. hopefully people see where we're coming from and go with it.

Down the line after a couple of seasons we could possibly support individual leagues for each game.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Well atm Fifa has better gameplay. It looks more realistic. Pro Evo has many flaws but its still a somewhat decent game though

miralize wrote: »
    Well atm Fifa has better gameplay. It looks more realistic. Pro Evo has many flaws but its still a somewhat decent game though

Think this is in the wrong thread? Maybe the PES vs FIFA one? We're talking about a possible joint offline league of both PES and FIFA.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭AnthonyK7

This is a great idea. If you get any further please let me know.

Advertisement