Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Image Display Problem

Options
  • 11-07-2009 12:04pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I am wondering has anyone ever came across an issue where a JPG shows fine on some browsers and not at all on others (Chrome and IE)?

For example; http://www.aitsolutions.ie/Finn-Harps-1.jpg

Fine on Firefox. Not on Chrome or IE.

I thought it might have been a WordPress issue (as thats where I noticed the problems) but the above link isn't a WordPress solution (or any CMS).

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

Sully wrote: »
    I am wondering has anyone ever came across an issue where a JPG shows fine on some browsers and not at all on others (Chrome and IE)?

For example; http://www.aitsolutions.ie/Finn-Harps-1.jpg

Fine on Firefox. Not on Chrome or IE.

I thought it might have been a WordPress issue (as thats where I noticed the problems) but the above link isn't a WordPress solution (or any CMS).

That is an odd one, I thought it may be a webserver setting but when you download the .jpg it is the same it wont open in IE or chrome.

I think it could be an image colour profile issue as when you open the file in Photoshop you get a message about the embedded colour profile 'SWOP (Coated) 20%

I am not sure if thats the problem but whatever image program you created the image you might want to re-create it or at least re-save for web.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Its the second JPG image it happened with. Both were completely different and from different sources. Both opened and saved okay in Photoshop and re-uploaded still causing the problem.

Whats odd is both images were sent via email and displayed okay in the preview (Google Hosted) via the browsers. But when I click "View Image" in Google, then it seems to try open the image fully on the browser and it doesn't show.

Its completely baffling.

Advertisement