Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how to make an lt40d more affordable

Options
  • 11-07-2009 1:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hallo
    I own a beautiful VW LT 40d 1995 luton box van and cannot afford to keep her.
    my current running costs are around 28pence per mile.
    i realise that this is a large hitorq van and is generally expensive to maintain, but would appreciate any insight on how to save money on running costs.
    i would hate to sell matilda and hope to keep her for years to come but cannot in my current financial situation!
    thanks in advance for any advice
    kidge

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭volker 991

kidge wrote: »
    Hallo
    I own a beautiful VW LT 40d 1995 luton box van and cannot afford to keep her.
    my current running costs are around 28pence per mile.
    i realise that this is a large hitorq van and is generally expensive to maintain, but would appreciate any insight on how to save money on running costs.
    i would hate to sell matilda and hope to keep her for years to come but cannot in my current financial situation!
    thanks in advance for any advice
    kidge

turn down your diesel injector pump where the exalertor cable goes to the pump there is a srew to stop it going the full way, you will reduce your reffs with it as you only need to go to about 3000rpm on a diesel,it want help much but every little helps,i did it on my t 3 where i planted a 1.9 in and works just fine for me .
    i get about 100km out of 9 ltr mixed,and i have a high roof 2.4 meter sticking like a brick in the air:).
    good luck with matilda.;)

Advertisement