Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Yes, Minister" back on G.O.L.D.

Options
  • 10-07-2009 11:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭

I love it.

No matter when it's on, or who's in the maternity ward, I must watch it.

Nigel Hawthorne and his wonderful monologues, Paul Eddington and his brilliant confusion.

Poor auld Paul; never quite got the recognition he deserved for the series, always losing out to Nigel in the award ceremonies.
    I'll always remember the interview he gave for "Face to Face" even though he was suffering quite severly from T cell lymphoma. He was barely recognisable with no hair and skin like parchment. Kept his humour throughout though. If you've never seen it, do.

All hail Paul Eddington and Nigel Hawthorne.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭omahaid

Ya, trying to catch it as much as possible, great show.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 TheBlackBuck

One of the best shows ever made! Great characters, great plots, great writing - it had everything. Would love if there was an Irish version. I'd imagine it wouldn't be very hard to put one together. It was all shot inside mainly in one office. Actually the more I think about it the more I can't believe an Irish version hasn't been made already!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

"In that while it has been government policy to regard policy as the responsiblity of ministers and administration as the responsiblity of officials the question of administrative policy can cause confusion between the policy of administration and the administration of policy especially when responsibility for the administration of policy of administration conflicts or overlaps with responsiblity for the policy of the administration of policy."

Sir Humphrey

Classic :D

Advertisement