Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ouija Boards

Options
  • 10-07-2009 11:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭

hi lads, not a regular poster here but would like to ask a few questions on the above and also some adive,
    in your expierence do they actually work ?
    where is the best place possible to get one ?? online ?
    are they very dangerous? have ye personal exp when things have gone wrong?

my father was quite spiritual and died recently, but had many visions etc according to himself yet hardly anyone believed him apart from myself!!

anyhow i am going to try and contact him via the board and would appreciate some advice from those in the know,

thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Overblood

noel32 wrote: »
    in your expierence do they actually work ?

In my experience: No. I've tried it twice.

Does it work in general? No. Google the Ideomotor effect.

If you don't think it's due to the ideomotor effect, maybe it's one of the participants actively deceiving the others by conciously moving it. A friend of mine did that before, he told me a few weeks afterwards.

If you don't believe that, then it is definitely magic ghost people from the other world.

Here's a short video where they blindfold some ouija board participants mid game and then flip the board upside down unbeknownst to them. They still think it's the right way up, moving the cursor to all the wrong spots. So, what, even tough the ghost can transcend metaphysical boundaries, it can't see the bleedin board? Come on.

where is the best place possible to get one ?? online ?

You can make one yourself, but the ones you buy online are nicer and shinier.

are they very dangerous?

About as dangerous as stroking a cat. If you fully believe in them, it may freak you out when somebody unconciously jolts the cursor. But you shouldn't believe in it until you try it yourself. If you do try it, begin by thinking "ok if this is true then x y z should happen". Approach it as if it has to prove itself to you.
    have ye personal exp when things have gone wrong?

Nothing ever went wrong in the two times I tried it, other than the sense that "something here is f**ked up" ie. "some fecker here is moving the cursor and I know it"!! Turns out they were. The second time it was just a load of jibberish.
    anyhow i am going to try and contact him via the board and would appreciate some advice from those in the know,

Good luck with that, but wouldn't you be much more content with just basking in the great memories you have of him, instead of trying to contact him with an unproven piece of cardboard and plastic?

If you do go ahead with it, try it with a few friends but stay out of the session yourself. Just watch it. Ask the ouija board users to ask him five (ten if possible) personal questions which only you know the answers to. If all the questions are answered correctly, then there's a good chance that the ouija board works. Then you should join in and enjoy.

I don't believe in ouija boards by the way.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭branie

I haven't tried them, but I would advise against it. it's supposed to be very dangerous

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭twanda

Check the 'megathread' sticky at the top of this forum. The ouija board debate has been done many times - lots of info there.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Megathreads aside, in your particular situation I can think of so many reasons you should not use an ouija board to contact your father.

You are still grieving
    It may not work
    It may work and confuse you
    It may work and frighten you
    It may work brilliantly to the point that you use it too much
    You will still doubt the information in the cold light of day anyway.

Allow your grieving process to move on, please dont use an ouija board as a crutch at this point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 589 ✭✭✭vincenzo1975

when i was about 15, me and some of my mates did a couple of oije boards, and it scared the living daylights out of us. we had a number of spirits on telling us wierd and wonderful things and it got a bit out of control. no-one in those rooms were manipulating the glass, on the last real bad experience some of us were crying.

Anyway, me being the twit that I was couldnt resist another go, and since the others wouldnt do It, i decided to do it myself in my bedroom at home. we had a large glass circular mirror that used to be shoved in behind a wardrobe. i got it out and onto my bed and made up a board by cutting out letters and was laying them out. I got a glass and was just about to start, when a cassette tape hopped off the shelf on the other side of the room and bounced across the floor and landed at my feet. I was well and truely shaken, as there is absoluely no explainable way that this could have happened. It bounced about 10-11 feet across the room. I scrapped the board and never did it again,. i took it as a warning of some kind from someone who may have been watching out for me.

3 months ago my mother died, and in the week afterwards, my brother was home from england as the family were sorting things out(dad died a few years ago. a conversation sprung up as we were sotrting things in the parents house and my brother said he would not be sleeping in the back room,(which was mine when I was younger) he said he used to here voices calling him from the room when he was a kid. same room as me.

very strange stuff, and all true, for whats its worth.

• Advertisement

I tried it twice and it didnt work as well as table tipping and glass on a table. I know a few people who really believe in it. All i can say is i find nothing paranormal about somthing moving with 6 fingers touching it .

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Ghost Girl

leave it be, unless u talk to some expert on it, can be dangerous.

Advertisement