Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EntroPay Mastercard

Options
  • 10-07-2009 10:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭

Dont know if this is a bargain alert but remember a big discussion on the wirecard here so said that i would post it.

Just been on my entropay account and they are now offering a physical mastercard that comes with its own pin and can be used in any shops showing the mastercard logo.

and it only costs €7.49

Apply for an EntroPay Plastic MasterCard®

The EntroPay Plastic MasterCard is a prepaid physical card and may be used anywhere MasterCard® is accepted, including retailers and ATMs.

This is all you have to do:

1. Check that your personal information is correct and accept some additional Terms & Conditions
    2. Pay the card application fee of EUR 7.49.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭whatsupdoc?

Does it charge you 4.95% on purchases or is it all free like a "normal" cc?
    Why do they charge €7.49?
    Why not just get an ordinary cc (apart from the €10 fee)?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭nayorleck114

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭omega42

Does it charge you 4.95% on purchases or is it all free like a "normal" cc?
    Why do they charge €7.49?
    Why not just get an ordinary cc (apart from the €10 fee)?

It charges you the 4.95% for what you load onto the card.
    They charge the €7.49 for the production of the actual card
    Not everybody wants/can get a credit card

• Registered Users Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭danois

sorry not really a bargain alert but i just tried to open an account and got told user already exists?? any ideas what that means and do you have to put in your passport number is that safe sorry if thats another one of my silly questions

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭omega42

danois wrote: »
    sorry not really a bargain alert but i just tried to open an account and got told user already exists?? any ideas what that means and do you have to put in your passport number is that safe sorry if thats another one of my silly questions

Think the user already exists might refer to the username you picked, somebody is already using the same username as you picked

As far as the Passport number goes, Its just a securety question, put in the number and change 1 digit if you want, they have no way of checking (just keep a record of the number you used so if they ask you it again due to lost password you will be able to give it to them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭danois

omega42 wrote: »
    Think the user already exists might refer to the username you picked, somebody is already using the same username as you picked

As far as the Passport number goes, Its just a securety question, put in the number and change 1 digit if you want, they have no way of checking (just keep a record of the number you used so if they ask you it again due to lost password you will be able to give it to them

thanks for that

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭JAMM222

do they take laser or how do you fund it?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

JAMM222 wrote: »
    do they take laser or how do you fund it?

It says that they can be funded by debit card so I presume they do take laser.

Does anyone know if you can set up and verify a paypal account using one of these cards alone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,001 ✭✭✭fl4pj4ck

I tried to add my AIB Maestro/Laser but it keeps askig me about 'valid from' date or some 'issue number', I have none of these

any help?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

First loading of the card can only be done via a credit card.

MC

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,157 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

While Entropay is a great way of saving for AerLigus or Ryanair Flights, for a plastic debit card it's way to expensive given that it costs you 4.95% to load any money onto the card. And even if you use the bank transfer option to load money, you still get charged 4.95%. And the card is a "electronic use only" mastercard.

If you need a plastic card option with a mastercard logo than have a look at neteller.com which offers something they call an extended account which gives you access to a virtual mastercard and a plastic mastercard (with chip/pin). The once off cost is 15€ and there is no loading fee/using fee if you use your bank account to load and 1.75% if you use your credit/debit card for funding. Funding can be done to an Irish Account.

Neteller is cheaper and I had no unusual problems with them yet (once they blocked the card because I used it in 2 countries at the same time but released it when I called them).

Entropay is great to avoid the Ryanair/AerLingus credit card charge but if you need plastic than use neteller.

Just my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Irishpimpdude

I have an entropay card but am more tempted to get this one http://www.payzonemoney.ie/ iv seen the card in shops for 7euro and you can load it at any payzone shop, the website isnt working right atm so i cant check the prices for loading money on :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,452 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

First loading of the card can only be done via a credit card.

MC

Nah, you can do a bank transfer with entropay. Pretty quick aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭glanman

fl4pj4ck wrote: »
    I tried to add my AIB Maestro/Laser but it keeps askig me about 'valid from' date or some 'issue number', I have none of these

any help?

Issue number is the last three numbers of you card, not sure of valid, try any date in past and you should be ok

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

"Valid from" is the month and year you first got your card

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Moved from BA.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,001 ✭✭✭fl4pj4ck

aaronh007 wrote: »
    "Valid from" is the month and year you first got your card

there's no way I would remember this :)

thanks anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭Pegasus15

fl4pj4ck wrote: »
    there's no way I would remember this :)

thanks anyway

If you buy anything in Tesco with your Laser, it'll say on your receipt "Start: MM/YY" beside the expiry date :).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 TT Bone

While Entropay is a great way of saving for AerLigus or Ryanair Flights, for a plastic debit card it's way to expensive given that it costs you 4.95% to load any money onto the card. And even if you use the bank transfer option to load money, you still get charged 4.95%. And the card is a "electronic use only" mastercard.

If you need a plastic card option with a mastercard logo than have a look at neteller.com which offers something they call an extended account which gives you access to a virtual mastercard and a plastic mastercard (with chip/pin). The once off cost is 15€ and there is no loading fee/using fee if you use your bank account to load and 1.75% if you use your credit/debit card for funding. Funding can be done to an Irish Account.

Neteller is cheaper and I had no unusual problems with them yet (once they blocked the card because I used it in 2 countries at the same time but released it when I called them).

Entropay is great to avoid the Ryanair/AerLingus credit card charge but if you need plastic than use neteller.

Just my opinion.

Open an account @ halifax and you'll get a visa debit card, avoiding fees @ ryanair and aerlingus. No charges either and you can fund it in branch or using internet banking.
    It's easier to get foreign companies to accept these than laser cards, might be worth a look:)

Advertisement