Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bulmers Pear Cider @ Dunnes

Options
  • 10-07-2009 7:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭

5 cans for €10 with the added benefits :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭karlog

The new bulmers drink is laxative with added pear

• Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

karlog wrote: »
    The new bulmers drink is laxative with added pear

added pear flavour !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,978 ✭✭✭445279.ie

ah just embrace it ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭karlog

They should really sell the drink next to the toilet paper. You know convenience

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭ballybay_eh

Is it really that bad? I've had it a couple of times but never experienced the rumoured side effects. I did feel more confident and attractive to the opposite sex, however.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭Hennybug

Is it really that bad? I've had it a couple of times but never experienced the rumoured side effects.

i can now vouch for the effects - this is one bargain you might want to pass on :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭ballybay_eh

I can't see why they don't just market it as a great tasting drink that also helps you lose weight! Women would love it. As would fat f*ckers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭herya

Is it really that bad? I've had it a couple of times but never experienced the rumoured side effects. I did feel more confident and attractive to the opposite sex, however.

Never had any extra effects either.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,475 ✭✭✭drkpower

While I havent experienced genuine laxative effects, I do find it makes me fart like a trooper.....

But then again, so does Guinness, Vodka, Lager, Coca Cola, Water, breathing .......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭Kashkai

Bulmers is a great way to clear out the oul gut!!! Although I like to think that as cider is made from apples, it is therefore a good source of vitamin C imo.

As for Pear cider, thats just bloody heresey, call the Pope and get him to send in the Spanish Inquisition to those folks in Clonmel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,810 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Back on topic... :confused:

5 for €10 isn't bad but bought 4 for €8 in Londis the weekend before last so hardly mind-blowing value either.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭DonJose

basquille wrote: »
    5 for €10 isn't bad but bought 4 for €8 in Londis the weekend before last so hardly mind-blowing value either.

I got an even better bargain 3 for €6... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 43,810 ✭✭✭✭Basq

DonJose wrote: »
    I got an even better bargain 3 for €6... :D
    2 for €4 wasn't bad either tbh! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

445279.ie wrote: »
    ah just embrace it ;)

what .... the toilet seat ?;);)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

basquille wrote: »
    2 for €4 wasn't bad either tbh! ;)

Was gonna go for the 1 for €2 offer, but decided on the 0 for €0 offer instead. Also saved on bog roll!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭North Cork

EMBRACE THE BOWL
    :D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,462 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Pretty good deal.
    Never experiences the after effects either. Never had more than 9 though.

Also, if you plan on having a lot, might be a good idea to have a few pints of Guinness before you dig into the cider..........

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭chris1970

i had 6 last night no effects ,whats the threshold, or outerlimits of the bowl , what is the most anyone has had? :)

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

I'm grand, i'm going like clockwork as it is... :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭Kashkai

chris1970 wrote: »
    i had 6 last night no effects ,whats the threshold, or outerlimits of the bowl , what is the most anyone has had? :)

I had 12 pints in a single session once and while it was nice going down, it was bloody awful coming out.......................:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Bondvillain

Drank lots of it.

No ill effects.

Will drink lots more of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭yurmothrintites

In the words of Dr. Cox in Scrubs....

"No thanks, I've already had diarrheoa"

Advertisement