Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog Found

Options
  • 10-07-2009 4:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭

Yesterday,Ennis Road area.
    Brown in colour.
    Pm me if you think its yours

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

mail me picture and description and I can stick it on limerick lbogger site for you. squid@limerickblogger.org

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

There is a lost and found section on irishanimals.ie You need to notify the pounds in the surrounding area outside of your county too just in case the dog has strayed far or been stolen and dumped away from home. Also contact the rescues, all of this just in case the owners have also contacted these places looking for the dog. If the dog has no collar or tag he/she may have a microchip so worth getting scanned by the vets.

Advertising in the local papers and radio may also help.
    A better description is needed as well a photo of the dog as well should help.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭gihj

I'd rather not post a pic thanks.
    Judging by how well he was looked after i'd say he is a family pet and not missing very long either.
    Thanks anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 51,157 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

The Limerick Post have a lost/found pet section everyweek.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭rok

If you havent already done it , I suggest you call Limerick Animal Welfare and the Dog pound to let them know.
    The owners will probably call them looking for him/her.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭badboyblast

If it`s a bull staf, my mates one was taken , pic attached.

Is it him?

photo.php?pid=30464905&id=1470714958&ref=mf

No sorry,Thats not him.

Still no sign of anybody claiming this dog.
    Had him scanned during the week and unfortunately no chip.
    Looks like its the pound or animal welfare if he isn't claimed soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭JoJo_27

Please, if you're giving him away send him to Limerick Animal welfare. Or there's a crowd called Dogs in Distress. The pound put dogs down regularly.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭vodkababy

Was this dog reclaimed?
    gihj wrote: »
    I'd rather not post a pic thanks.
    Judging by how well he was looked after i'd say he is a family pet and not missing very long either.
    Thanks anyway

Why not post a photo? It doesn't make sense to me...would have a better chance of being reclaimed. Or at least give a better description/type of dog.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

Because if it is a pedigree dog, believe me there will be chancers contacting the OP to claim it's theirs. So the less information given out the better.

OP, if the dog isn't sorted, I think Limerick Animal Welfare will have some space at the sanctuary by Tuesday - please don't let the opportunity slip as normally there's a waiting list to get dogs into the sanctuary. 063 91110 is the number.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

OP, as Jojo has said, if you do not find the owner, do not give the dog to the pound, call the Limerick Animal Welfar centre instread. They will look after him, and see that he finds a new owner. In the pound they do not keep dogs for long and if not collected within a week or two they put them down.

Advertisement