Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with getting sponsorsihp for charity

Options
  • 10-07-2009 11:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I had no lucky finding a marketing job after college so I started working for An Taisce, the National Trust for Ireland as a volunteer event organiser.

An Taisce was awarded the host of the 13th International Conference of National Trusts - Heritage of the World in Trust: Conservation in a Changing Climate - to be held in Dublin Castle from Sunday the 13th to Thursday the 17th of September 2009.

Recent world conferences of National Trusts have been held in Washington D.C., USA; Canberra, Australia; and most recently in New Delhi, India. Now, Dublin and An Taisce now join this distinguished group of hosts. The New Delhi conference was attended by more than 400 delegates representing 52 trusts from 54 countries: a similar attendance is expected in Dublin Castle.

I think this year's climate change-themed gathering in Ireland presents Irish businesses with a golden opportunity to be associated as society caring and environmental friendly organisations, as well as the opportunities to reach worldwide audiences through advertising and exhibition.

I'm having tremendous difficulties applying the advertising theories i acquired in college.:o Noone seems to have advertising budget during the recession. Can someone point me a direction, please.

Sorry about my English, my Chinese is much better.:D

Thank you

Steven Sun

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭blue4ever

Steven,
    i am not exactly sure what you are looking for, but I believe that its looking for a title sponsor?

I would try some of the energy companies (Gais/ESB) they may like it for a PR perspective.

Also, try some of the waste management companies.

You have to have a proposal (decent) outlining the event and what the sponsorship will entail - and - more importantly - what thy will get out of it.

C

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Canonfan

Hi Blue, thanks for the reply.

Yes we're looking for title sponsor but we also have other sponsorship programmes:

Conference Exhibitor - In the large, light-filled Dublin Castle Conference Centre, we have 26 professional exhibitor spaces available over a period of four days, the booth would have the potential to be viewed by more than 300 delegates from around the world as they attend sessions, coffee breaks, meetings, and meals.

Conference Magazine Advertisement - We will produce a glossy heritage souvenir that will be distributed to all conference attendees and donors.

Publication and Printing Sponsorship - There are funding needs associated producing and publishing the conference programme booklet and delegate pack materials.

Meal and Break Sponsorship - Several opportunities exist to sponsor conference lunches, dinners, evening receptions, and tea breaks. Sponsors can have their 10-minute video shown looped exclusively in the concourse and main conference hall before, during, and immediately after the meal break that is sponsored.

We have sent out thousands of proposals to companies and county councils already. During my telephone follow-ups, most marketing directors seem to understand the business benefits but no money to spend this year.

So far we managed to get 1 sponsor (Failte Ireland) and sold 3 out of 26 exhibit spaces.

Thanks for the advice, I should focus on energy and waste management companies.

why don't you farm out the magazine to another contract publishing company. They do the ads, printing, copy etc - and you get a % of the revenue.
    Save you a lot of hassle, especially if you are not used to the publishing game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Canonfan

blue4ever wrote: »
    why don't you farm out the magazine to another contract publishing company. They do the ads, printing, copy etc - and you get a % of the revenue.
    Save you a lot of hassle, especially if you are not used to the publishing game.

Very good point there, can you suggest a few companies please.

I cant really. But companies like, Zara, Ashville, Business and Finance. They all might do it. Just be careful, make sure that the agreement is watertight and that they can deliver.

• Advertisement
Advertisement