Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

100000miles elnagh marlin

Options
  • 10-07-2009 10:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

hi everyone,

i am thinking of buying a 00 elnagh marlin ford base motor home
    it is my first time and i am concerned about the mileage ....
    i am getting it from a garage with, according to him, a warranty...
    the price is around 18k although he was asking for 21k

is there anything i should check and do before handing over the money?

thank you for your help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

100.000 km is 60.000 miles in nine years ...so not that much really.

At least the thing was driven (and hopefully serviced) regularly, which in my experience is better for the mechanics than sitting idle for prolonged periods.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭OuterBombie

Sounds like a reasonable deal.

I used to have a Ford transit and they go forever, 60K in miles is grand for that year. Aside from the living areas, if I was checking it out I look/ask on the following:

Timing belt (prob not done yet but would be required shortly --> not that expensive). If getting replaced I think they generally replace the water pump as well (or maybe its something else :pac: ).

Rust: check wheel arches, under the cab window sill (where the join is between the big and little windows), the door floors, and generally under the chassis. Rust is normal for the fords and the less of it there is the more tlc the van has had (which is good).

2000 was the last year of the older smiley face model transit which generally means they were the best crop of that particular model. lots of extra info on transits here: http://fordtransit.org/forum/

Good luck.

Advertisement