Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LG 32" LCD Full HD €499.99

Options
  • 10-07-2009 1:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,732 ✭✭✭

PC World are advertising the LG 32LH3000 full HDTV for €499.99 for a limited time. Richersounds.ie are offering the LH4000 variant for €529.99 plus delivery so I don't know what's the better deal...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭antomack

Add another €50 or so and you could purchase the LG's 32LG7700 from Richersounds, currently in their VIP mailing at £450. This TV is full HD, works with the Irish DTT and includes a Freesat HD tuner to receive satellite.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

antomack wrote: »
    Add another €50 or so and you could purchase the LG's 32LG7700 from Richersounds, currently in their VIP mailing at £450. This TV is full HD, works with the Irish DTT and includes a Freesat HD tuner to receive satellite.

Can you post a link to that?
    Are you sure it's Freesat?

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭cruizer22b

is the freesat and freeview stuff not for the uk market only ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭Zonda999

sugarman wrote: »
    It was €449 awhile ago in Currys, atleast i think it was the same one. There was a thread around here, missed out on it. DID were apparently matching the price.

No that was a different model, a 2008 model. To be fair the tv in this deal is a 2009 model and is compatible with our mpeg4 DTT, a pretty good deal to be fair

As Cork45 says though, the freesat model would be a better buy for a not a lot more. Would be a fair bit more hassle getting it though. Not sure if RS are shipping it down south at the moment!

It was in the VIP mailshot so don't have a direct link to that price but I've attached a screenshot of the relevant section of the e-mail.

See as it's not showing as an 'in-store' only offer I don't see where there'd be any problem buying from RS.
    RS 32LF7700

I had the wrong model number mentioned earlier

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

How do you get on the VIP mailshot from RS?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

surely freesat relates only to uk.
    the mpeg 4 is for the irish market

cronos wrote: »
    How do you get on the VIP mailshot from RS?

Just sign up on their website

Freesat is essentially a UK service but can be picked up wherever you can receive signals from Astra2.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,417 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

freesat is basically all the free SATELLITE channels and requires a dish, great service but useless if you are a sky subscriber. MPEG4 tuner is for an AERIAL for the digital and will pick up RTE providing reception is in your area.

TheDriver wrote: »
    freesat is basically all the free SATELLITE channels and requires a dish, great service but useless if you are a sky subscriber. MPEG4 tuner is for an AERIAL for the digital and will pick up RTE providing reception is in your area.

Basically, its a great set to get if you want to get the best in free tv. If you're just going to be hooking it up to a sky box, then you'd be better off with the PCWorld set. The freesat model, the LF7700 seems to be based on one of last years models

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭onemanband

PC World are advertising the LG 32LH3000 full HDTV for €499.99 for a limited time. Richersounds.ie are offering the LH4000 variant for €529.99 plus delivery so I don't know what's the better deal...

Not sure about the spec but CDiscount have a Samsung 1080p 32' for 399. Model number is LE32A558. Seems a good price for a 1080p Samsung. Some of their TV pricing is very good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭waraf

Richer sounds are doing the 32LH3000 for 399 GBP minus the 10% Boardsies discount = 359.1 GBP (approx 418 euro)

waraf wrote: »
    Richer sounds are doing the 32LH3000 for 399 GBP minus the 10% Boardsies discount = 359.1 GBP (approx 418 euro)

The 10% discount only applies to the philips store in dublin unfortunately, not richersounds, so the 32LH3000 would be 399.99£ + 12£ delivery. Thats about 480€ converted so PCWorlds price aint too bad at all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭waraf

Zonda999 wrote: »
    The 10% discount only applies to the philips store in dublin unfortunately, not richersounds, so the 32LH3000 would be 399.99£ + 12£ delivery. Thats about 480€ converted so PCWorlds price aint too bad at all

Yes good point. John McDonald the richers sounds MD that posts on here has a message in his signature that says mention boards.ie to get a special price. Anyone done this? Did you get much discount?

waraf wrote: »
    Yes good point. John McDonald the richers sounds MD that posts on here has a message in his signature that says mention boards.ie to get a special price. Anyone done this? Did you get much discount?

He does special offers alright from time to time but i'd say on something like this you wouldn't be paying any less

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭pmq71

I have a sky dish and bought an LG 32LF7700 from Richer Sounds last week for a second room after looking at the LH2000 and LG3000. I thought the picture processing was way better and would definitely recommend it for the extra €50 from RS - they gave me the VIP discount even though I had bought it over the phone the evening before the deal offically started. I thought the 5 year warranty they do for £48 is good value compared with other places as well.

I'm in North Kildare and I use a standard UHF/VHF ariel to get Irish channels over DTT MPEG4 and use a second feed from my standard sky sat dish to pick up the other freeview channels using the freesat tuner. I still use my sky box in another room at the same time with no problems. Picture for standard def using DTT and freesat is excellent. The Freesat tuner also does Hi Def - BBC HD looks awsome. ITV HD should is also be available on freesat HD but I didn't pick it up for some reason.

Tip: the Freesat tuner prompts for a UK postcode so just stick in any valid UK post code and it will work fine. If you use a NI postode it will prioritise BBC NI on the channel guide for you.

More details on the VIP deal here:
    http://www.hotukdeals.com/item/437443/richer-sounds-vip-club-special-offe/

• Company Representative Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

cruizer22b wrote: »
    is the freesat and freeview stuff not for the uk market only ?

Guys thanks for the mentions and here comes the declared interest: I work for Richersounds and we sell TV's - you can have a look at our own Forum across in the Biz section/commercial interaction where we have our Boardies love in section!

To answer a few queries from this thread -

Freesat and Freeview are two completely different things - Freeview is a brandname for the UK terristrial Digital TV service - which is not available in the Republic (available fine in the north) The Sammy LF32A558 mentioned earlier has freeview for the UK.

The Irish equivalent for Freeview is an MPEG4 based service which is now in engineering trials in several locations across Ireland and is due to replace standard analogue broadcasts by 2012 ( IMO this target may be missed in terms of full replacement!) the LG range of 'LH' TV's support MPEG4 and this is what you should be looking for if you are purchasing a TV for the ROI.

Freesat - now there's a different thing altogether - great technology! it's basically free to air satelllite that includes High Def broadcasts and the quality is just plain superb! It's a great idea and whilst it has not officially been launched in Ireland we have 100's of Customers happily watching freesat in Ireland.

The LG 'LF' Series supports both Mpeg4 & Mpeg 2 AND Freesat so is a pretty useful unit!

I won't give pricing details on this forum as I don't want to be seen to be punting for business however as ever do feel free to email me if we can assist in any way - (we are very Boardie friendly!) and thanks to all the posters who have mentioned us already, much appreciated!

ATB,

JohnMc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Advertisement